Teflon / Non-Stick for Induction

berobApril 13, 2006

Does tradtional teflon coated non-stick cookware work for induction? I know a magnet needs to stick to it, but I am out of my house for several months while my remodel takes place, and I don't have access to my cookware. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brucedelta

My experience is that most non-stick is not magnetic and therefore not suitable for induction.
All-Clad SS NS will work, and faberware has a line called millenium that works (I can't say I like the NS on it).

I can tell you that circulon, analon, calaphon, tfal, emrilware are some of the non magnetic brands.

I am sure there are others that are magnetic, but you need to test.

Bookmark   April 13, 2006 at 11:16PM
Melic

both make nonstick induction frypans. The Bourgeat/Matfer is all aluminum, coated outside and inside with nonstick, and has an induction-capable disc on the bottom.

It very closely resembles the all-aluminum, nonstick outside/inside, non-induction capable Bourgeat frypan - except the induction-capable frypan has, IIRC, a cast stainless handle, and the non-induction frypan has a cast iron handle.

Demeyere makes a traditional disc-bottom SS nonstick frypan.

Neither is cheap, however. Of course, the all-clad is also expensive. Best bet, I think, for the all-clad is either to look for it at a TJ Maxx or Marshall's or such, or to buy a second at outletsonline.com.

Bookmark   April 15, 2006 at 1:24AM
Teddy Lim

Henckels Classic Clad cookware line has a few non stick frying pans and saute pans. I have the 8" frying pan and the 11" saute pan which work very well on both our electric coil range and our stand-alone Sunpentown induction cooktop.

The Henckels line is a tri-ply type: two stainless steel layers sandwiching an aluminum layer.

Here is a link that might be useful: cooking.com link to Henckels Classic Clad Cookware

Bookmark   April 16, 2006 at 10:10PM
jxbrown

The only non-stick that I have is the Farberware Millenium that came with my cooktop. It's a nice pan and I've been meaning to buy an omelet pan from the same line.

Bookmark   April 23, 2006 at 3:17PM
More Discussions
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
Club cast aluminum still made?
I am new to the list, so forgive me if this subject...
joan41
Any information on Evaco/Cast?
Just saw this in a kitchen store...latest non-stick...
rogerv_gw
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™