looking for a GOOD Stainless Steel cookware!

diniegApril 4, 2011

I keep a kosher home and need 2 sets of cookware. I have All-clad for meat section(very happy). I now need a new one for Dairy (pasta, sauces, soup). I do a fair amount of cooking and dont mind spending. I want a great quality and dont want to buy another one for a long time. I have a gas cooktop. Stainless steel is my preference. Please help! there is so much out there.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ntt_hou

Just as mentioned in your previous post, you can't go wrong with the Calphalon tri-ply cookware set. This line is also oven and broiler safe to 700 degrees (glass lids up to 450 degrees). Calphalon tri-ply also carries a lifetime warranty.

Bookmark   April 5, 2011 at 7:20PM
kitchendetective

Demeyere is probably the best. I am fond of my Viking, which I suspect is made by Demeyere, as both are from Belgium and very beautifully made.
Here's a link to the Demeyere Atlantis line, one of many:
http://www.yourcookware.com/demeyere-atlantis-stainless-steel-10-piece-cookware-set.html
Here's a link to some of the Viking. I don't recommend purchasing sets; that's just what popped up on searches.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amazon

Bookmark   April 6, 2011 at 10:40AM
djg1

This topic has come up before -- you might do a search.

I have about half a dozen pieces of all-clad, which are my favorite, but this and that for other pieces. If you want more all-clad, but want it to look conspicuously different, so that there's no confusion between milk and meat when a pot happens to be left on the counter, then they do have several options. The MC2 line is brushed alloy on the outside; the Ltd2 is black on the outside; copper core has a copper stripe; and copper is copper.

WRT Calphalon tri-ply -- I have a couple of pieces and I think it's really very good and it's less pricey than all-clad (Chinese manufacture for C, I think). The handles have a different shape than all-clad, and some of the tops are glass, which also helps to distinguish them.

Bookmark   June 18, 2011 at 10:06AM
More Discussions
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
I have read threads in here from people who love their...
catt11
Best cookware for induction?
After LIVING on the kitchen site for the last few months,...
dccnm
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
Sponsored Products
Family Press FP202E Home Electronic Steam Press
Overstock.com
Fairmont Polished Nickel Three Light Flush Mount with Satin White Glass Shade
$263.00 | Bellacor
Snippet Bronze Accent Table Lamp
$19.95 | Lamps Plus
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Anatolia Red / Navy 6 ft. x 6
Home Depot
Exotica Dura Cotta Hanging Basket
$8.99 | zulily