36" CD FD Fridge? liebherr or Thermador?

gothamlNovember 3, 2013

I am almost ready to order appliances and when I asked our local dealer if he had any feedback on my selections and he said I may want to consider the Thermador fridge over my Liebherr selection: fully integrated, counter depth french door.

What does GW think?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sjhockeyfan325

What was his reason for the suggestion? We recently bought a cd built in Thermador, but haven't received it yet (it's in the warehouse waiting for us). We chose the Thermador over more expensive lines based on price (we also liked the look and finish and layout of the Thermador) and over the Liebherr because I didn't like the aesthetics of the Liebherr door shelves (obviously that's a very personal decision).

Bookmark   November 3, 2013 at 12:08PM
gothaml

He said the drawers and other interior finishes were better quality. He didn't say that there was a huge performance difference. I saw the Thermador 30" single door bottom freezer on the floor as well as the exact liebherr model so I am having a hard time doing an apples to apples comparison.

Bookmark   November 3, 2013 at 4:36PM
gothaml

Does anyone have the Liebherr or Thermador?

Bookmark   November 5, 2013 at 5:30PM
Thorbro

You should check out the reviews of Liebherr on Amazon before you go that way. I loved the lower price, but just too many complaints out there for me to take the plunge, so we shelled out for the Sub-zero instead.

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 12:58PM
joc6820

I have the 36" non FD Thermador. Love it. Great build quality, dual compressors, huge hinges, good storage, lighting and ergonomics. etc. I liked it better than the SZ at the time. So far (1.5 years) it's been great.

Bookmark   November 12, 2013 at 4:47PM
More Discussions
Flimsy dishwasher!
I have to admit that I have never heard of most of...
grapefruit1_ar
American Range? Buyer Beware!
It is with big frustration that I am reporting an unacceptable...
foodiefrog
Need Help Selecting Propane Cooktop
I am looking to replace an electric cooktop with a...
dandkmom
Keep your fingers crossed -Wolfie oven having DCL circuit error again!
So my Wolf has avoided the dreaded porcelain chipping...
a2gemini
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™