Anyone have a Tradewind hood insert liner?

texasgal47November 28, 2012

I'm considering their less expensive 400 Designer series in a 30 inch width. It has baffles which are hard to find at this price point. However, their stainless steel is 24 gauge over galvanized steel vs 22 g. SS for a Fantech insert I'm cosidering. The Fantech has mesh filters. Any help would be appreciated since I'm not a technical person.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texasgal47

While waiting for a response, I called Trade-wind. Mike, their technical person was helpful and provided info that they use 304 SS which I believe is the recommended cadmium to nickel ratio so the hood shouldn't rust. I was surprised when he informed me that they could manufacture my insert with a 6" vent, rather than their standard 8", at no additional cost to meet my specification.

Bookmark   November 28, 2012 at 6:11PM
kaseki

Meshes work by direct impingement; baffles by centrifugal impingement. Baffles will continue to work when dirty, while meshes will progressively restrict air flow. Clean meshes, however, should be effective.

Only commercial filters have published performance data (percent of particulates collected as a function of size), in my experience, so it is hard to quantitatively compare performance of two residential designs.

kas

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 10:32AM
lalithar

Trailrunner has a tradewind hood I think and has posted positive reviews here several times.

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 8:58PM
texasgal47

Thank you kas and lalitha. Tradewind is still my first choice.

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 2:34AM
More Discussions
Switching out the cooktop and microwave in new construction
I just purchased a new home, but after the selections...
creekw
Microwave in a cabinet
I have a Panasonic 1.2 cubic ft microwave installed...
flashfryer
Annoying
Stopped in the appliance store that our builder likes...
Mini Soda
Magnetic SS Refrigerator
My wife and I keep going back and forth on the issue...
greasetrap
Viking open burner advice needed
I have a chance to buy a Viking open burner 36"...
jerseychick
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™