Tramontina Tri-Ply vs. Cuisinart Multiclad Pro

legalpeachApril 12, 2008

Hi everyone! I am in the market for a new set of cookware, having endured wedding Revereware for more years that I can believe. :-) I've been researching obsessively and have decided that all-clad stainless cookware is my best bet. Two of the best choices that seem to fit my needs as a cook (good amateur) and my budget (being careful -- one kid in college and another about to go) are the Tramontina Tri-Ply (the good WalMart stuff) and the Cuisinart Multiclad Pro. In both brands I can get a good 7 or 8-piece starter set and a couple of add-ons without spending a fortune.

I would love to hear some informed opinions about these, and any comparables that you guys might know about. I cook on a Thermador non-pro style gas cooktop, by the way, if that impacts your thoughts.

Thanks so much!!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dees_1

I have both Tramontina Tri-Ply and Cuisinart MultiClad. They perform exceptionally well on my professional gas stove and clean up is a breeze. I don't think you'll have any problems with either type on your stove. I like the handles on both; the weights and balance are similar. However, I'd recommend that you pick up one piece of each to see which one works better for you.

Amazon.com sometimes has good prices on Cuisinart MultiClad. Sometimes they are individual pieces or sets. Keep checking them out. Their prices for Tramontina are absurd!

Tuesday Morning has decent prices on Tramontina Tri-Ply.

Bookmark   April 14, 2008 at 1:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mustangs81

My preference is to buy by the piece instead of a set so I am getting only what meets my cooking needs. I now have a complete "custom set" of Tramontina by consistently checking places like TJMaxx.

Bookmark   April 16, 2008 at 9:02PM
More Discussions
Wagners 1891 Dutch Oven
I have a couple of questions about a 5 qt Wagners 1891...
jpc57
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
Club cast aluminum still made?
I am new to the list, so forgive me if this subject...
joan41
Recommendation for pans for high heat cooking
I like "high heat" cooking, not the kind...
azmom
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™