FoodSaver cannisters/accessories??

klseiverdApril 5, 2013

Couldn't resist a BIG messa FS cannisters at Good Will today. At LEAST a dozen items for around $10. Couldn't put under a microscope but figured it was worth the $$. I really like the cannisters for vac sealing dry stuff that doesn't necessarily go "bad" but will go stale... like crackers, chips, cookies.

One of the large cannisters ended up with a HOLE in it... RATS! Oh well... knew batch was "as is"... will use it as a make-shift "cloche" when I plant herbs in 3-4 weeks.

A lid for a smaller cannister was missing that little rubber button/gasket... salvages from lid to cannister with hole in it!

There was a "universal" lid (fits jars bigger than wide-mouth masons) and a square "marinator"?? Both have a dial on top that indicates things like vac/seal/open... but neither have a place for vac hose to go in??

Two of cannisters have lids with center buttons that say "press"... again, no place to vac??

Anyone familiar with these??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mama goose_gw zn6OH

I don't have the system, but I love a bargain! Evidently you need a separate lid/jar sealer to which the vacuum hose connects--it fits over the cannister lid. I found a demo on Youtube--not sure if it's the info you need:

Here is a link that might be useful: vacuum sealer/jar sealer

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 1:46PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mama goose_gw zn6OH

Here's another interesting demo, for those times when you want to keep your kids busy ... or when the apocalypse happens. ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: hand pump

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 1:51PM
More Discussions
tin lined copper saute pan
I bought a large saute pan at a flea market a while...
selfsown
Stainless Cookware cleaning - again... :
Hi all, IÂve read a lot of posts on how to clean stainless...
wazatron
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™