Look what followed me home (pics)...

mrsmarvApril 18, 2007

I was in WalMart yesterday, looking to replace my kitchen timer (DH left it on top of the grill...you can imagine). While I was in the housewares department, I came across a limited selection of Tramontina enameled cast iron cookware (made in China, but it looks well made). One of the pieces they had is a 3-qt. braiser/rondeau. I had asked DH for one for Christmas and when he looked for one, it seemed the only brand that the enameled cast iron braisers came in are the Le Creuset. He balked at the price and the fact they're made in France (but that's another discussion altogether), so I've been on the hunt for an alternative. I'd almost given up hope, until yesterday. This wouldn't have been my first color choice, but I'm not *that* picky. The cost was $30.00, so I feel pretty lucky.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenlad

For goodness sake, don't feed it or you'll be stuck with it forever! ;>)

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 9:29AM
suzyq3

"He balked at...the fact they're made in France (but that's another discussion altogether)"

Hmmm...let's see. Gardenlad won't buy French products. Your husband feels the same way. Gardenlad was the first to respond here.

See where I'm goin' here? :-) :-)

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 11:52AM
mrsmarv

Am I missing something? I thought gardenlad's comment was pretty humorous ;o)

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 1:02PM
nwesterner

Saw the same ones at a WalMart last week also. I was looking for an enameled grill pan which they didn't have. They had more than one size, but don't recall which ones. BTW, your range is really, really clean! (And I still like your counters:))

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 3:55PM
kimba00

Here's the link to buy from walmart.com

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 4:39PM
kimba00

Sorry. See link below

Here is a link that might be useful: Tramontina Enameled Iron

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 5:18PM
mrsmarv

nwestener ~ Thank you...and I'm always cooking! I'm probably a tad too anal, but it keeps me sane LOL.

kimba ~ Thanks for the link ;o) I notice the Tramontina offers free shipping to select stores. Maybe soneone looking for one will get lucky.

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 6:41PM
gardenlad

>Am I missing something?I think she's hinting that perhaps you and I are nuptially related.

Of course, SuzyQ's tongue is so far in her cheek it's a wonder she can talk at all. :>)

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 8:10PM
mrsmarv

Hmmm...let's see. I live in NY and you live in KY. That would be some long-distance relationship. Sounds like something out of a book.

"She lived a double life, dangerously close to the edge. Will her sordid little secret come to light?" ;o)

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 8:30PM
awm03

I was in Wal-mart yesterday; how on earth did I not see that? They must've sold out in a flash.

Good going, mrsmarv! Looks like a piece to fall in love with :)

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 10:35PM
leel

So, for starters, I have 4 different pieces of LC--vive la France. For enders, I don't enter Walmart, even though there's one a mile away. France is not a problem, but Walmart is.

Bookmark   April 19, 2007 at 10:44AM
suzyq3

"Am I missing something? I thought gardenlad's comment was pretty humorous ;o)"

Gardenlad's right, of course, on both the nuptial allusion and my tongue. I didn't actually check out your personal pages or anything. It was a nonreality-based JOKE. Enjoy your pot.

Bookmark   April 19, 2007 at 11:38AM
mrsmarv

Suzy ~ My apologies for not "getting it". I take things very literally...I suppose it comes from my line of work ;o) I do think it would be a very good short story, though. Reader's Digest, perhaps?

She lived a double life, dangerously close to the edge. Will her sordid little secret come to light? She left work early that day, making sure noone saw which direction she was heading in. As she traveled to her destination, she wondered aloud if she was doing the right thing. Her heart told her one thing, but her sensibilities told her another. What a prediciament she had gotten herself into, but what could she do?
She finally arrived, and with her nerves and senses tingling in anticipation she got out of the car. She looked around, hoping she wouldn't run into someone she knew. After all, what would they surmise she was doing there? She walked with a steady stride to the front doors, hesitated, took a deep breath, and entered. She continued walking until she reached her destination. A smile of satisfaction came across her face. "Hello, my darling. I've been longing for you, to see you, to hold you in my arms.". With that, she picked up the treasured 3-quart Tramontina braiser and made her way to the front of WalMart, thrilled with her newly found acquisition.

Bookmark   April 19, 2007 at 1:33PM
arley_gw

"While ivory or ecru might have been more practical--nay, predictable and pedestrian--selecting a brasier in dark green made her feel deliciously naughty."

Hmm, jessy is gonna jump in any minute and we'll all get deleted. Check out the link for some laffs.

Here is a link that might be useful: romance writer's phrase book

Bookmark   April 20, 2007 at 11:16AM
kimba00

If I had known this kind of fun was going on in the cookware forum, I would've a long time ago! The fact that it's prohibited makes it all the more enticing :-)

Ecru and ivory do have their places though. Always "in"

Bookmark   April 20, 2007 at 6:50PM
gardenlad

Hey, it ain't just about pots and pans, yaknow.

Bookmark   April 20, 2007 at 8:07PM
More Discussions
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22 - NJ - Zone 6b/7a
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
Club cast aluminum still made?
I am new to the list, so forgive me if this subject...
joan41
pie crust in a Breville all in one food processor
Can a pie crust be made in a Breville all in one food...
Sue Molitor
Sponsored Products
Fosters Point Basket With Tulips Hydrangea Snow Willow
Beyond Stores
Knox Single Hole Waterfall Lavatory Faucet with Pop-Up Drain
Signature Hardware
Twist Floor Lamp Base
Lamps Plus
Outside the Box� Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Kid Essentials - Teen Ar
$255.95 | Bellacor
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs
Home Depot
Baylee Mini Vase Set
$37.99 | zulily
K'NEX Tinkertoy 65 Piece Essentials Value Building Set - 56433
$28.98 | Hayneedle
Darya Rugs Kazak, Rust, 5'7" x 7'5" M1760-108
Darya Rugs
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™