Light switches & electrical outlets??

hedgehoggyOctober 1, 2012

What kind of light switches and electrical outlets styles are you using. Do most people use the Decora style or the toggle type? Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Still deciding whether or not we want to install a Vantage system in which case we'll use its keypads, otherwise Decora it is. I'm fussy about such things and have spec'ed screwless faceplates. They cost a few cents more than the standard but look much cleaner (provided you aren't going for a decorative/metal one that has nice looking screws). The toggle kind reads "1970s" to me. The only toggles I do like are the 1950s-era mechanical ones that have a very positive ka-thunk when you throw them, but I don't think they make those anymore.

    Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 12:42PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

We went with push button ones - old style but they look really cool! They sell light switch plates that have holes in them for buttons & you just push a button to turn it on or off or turn it for a dimmer.

    Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 6:02PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Ventless fireplace
I know there is a fireplace section on the forum, but...
Floor Plan/Kitchen Help - Please :)
I cross-posted this here in Kitchens as well. Please...
Add second story balcony before framing starts
My house's basement foundation will be poured sometimes...
Sending my floor plan modifications to the architect. Ideas?
I have to have all my structural changes decided by...
Mushcreek we need a March thread:)
Hi Mushcreek, Will you start a new thread for March?...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™