You can't use a Walmart gift card to buy Sam's Club cookware

vincedeeApril 11, 2005

I just went to the Walmart in Concord, California, today and bought a gift card for $140. Then I went to the Sam's Club nearby to buy the "Member's Mark" TriPlyClad 11-piece cookware set that everyone is raving about. Unfortunately, I was told by the Sam's Club people that Sam's Club will NOT let non-members buy anything at Sam's Club, Walmart gift card or not. They told me I'd have to buy a $35 one-year membership in order to buy anything at Sam's. I was fortunate, however, in that I was able to talk some very nice folks who were shopping at Sam's at the time into "buying" the cookware for me, so I didn't have to buy the membership (I'm already a member of CostCo...it would have been redundant).

So, for those of you who are not members of Sam's Club, you will probably not be able to do the "nifty trick" that was mentioned at the following link:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cookware/msg1022575231761.html?11

BTW, we cooked with our new cookware tonight and it performed very nicely. It's also quite gorgeous.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Anne_in_SF

Sorry! I was told by the folks at Walmart customer service counter that I could use the giftcard at Sam's, and that I didn't need a membership.

If that is incorrect, there are still other ways around it...

Walmart sometimes has one-day Sam's Club coupons in their Walmart flyer, depending on where you live.

You can also buy one-day coupons off of ebay for a couple of dollars.

Or, do like you did and rely on the kindness of strangers to let you piggyback onto their membership to get rung up...

Or just go the internet resaler route and pay a bit more (~$170)

Bookmark   April 13, 2005 at 9:49AM
mqdsa

Hi Anne_in_SF, I have seen your comments in various websites regarding stainless cookware recommendations and would like your advice on a few I'm considering. Member's Mark Tri-Ply, Costco's 5-ply by Kirkland (I don't think it's tri-ply or 5-ply up the sides) and another set from Costco, the Sitram Profisserie set. I'm moving away from Calphalon hard anodized to stainless and don't want to pay for All-clad or Demeyere. What are your thoughts if you're familiar with these sets? In terms of aesthetics, I like the look of the Kirklands set the best, but I'm looking for quality of materials and cooking performance, I cook a LOT.

Bookmark   April 16, 2005 at 1:39AM
emk1098

You can call customer serivce at Sam's Club to get a one day pass by calling 1-888-746-7726 and they will email you the pass.

Bookmark   June 20, 2005 at 5:44PM
More Discussions
cooks essentials talking microwave
I don't know if I should post this here or on the cooking...
vacuumfreak
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
robantwerp
which cookware to choose?
hi. i just joined the forum today. we're a newly wedded...
doduhdew
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
I have read threads in here from people who love their...
catt11
Sponsored Products
Moes Home New Castle Club Chair in Brown Leather
Beyond Stores
Caluco Metropolis Chaise Lounge
LuxeDecor
Beige Micro & White Sherpa Club Chair & Ottoman Set
$99.99 | zulily
Moe's Cortina Club Chair
Beyond Stores
Alfrescamoré Pizza Grilling Stone
$16.99 | zulily