Can anyone identify this item?

wilcinbro1March 3, 2014

This was found when we moved in. It can detach from it's base with a twist. It has the food grade symbol of the glass and fork. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

What does the bottom look like?

    Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 8:01AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

here it is with the bottom off....the side you see gets put up against the long piece with the squares lining up to the notches to insert it into and then a simple twist to keep it together....

    Bookmark   March 5, 2014 at 10:27PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I just wondered if the other side of the round piece attached to something and it was some type of whisk. It might not all be there. I have seen a whisk that was somewhat like that. It might have been mechanical.
You could post this on Chowhound cookware forum.

    Bookmark   March 7, 2014 at 9:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

My guess:
Might be one piece of some multi items kitchen gadget set sold on TV infomercials
a couple of decades ago. Think one of the items was like a vertical Mandolin with a pusher/holder like that for cutting melon or potato wedges perhaps. Maybe that piece also used by itself as a holder and rotator for decorating fruit and veggies or something.

This post was edited by laat2 on Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 5:30

    Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 2:04AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Recommendation for pans for high heat cooking
I like "high heat" cooking, not the kind...
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Food Grinder
My hubs gave me the meat/food grinder attachment for...
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™