I'm going on a picnic! Thank you Panela.

trixietxSeptember 22, 2005

I have been gone all day and just got home and my swap box was here. It is wonderful, Picnic and Day Dreams in the Garden Kit. What a perfect theme for me, I went to a friends house this morning, she has a smoker and we have smoked meat, made pies, cookies and fried pies to freeze and use during harvest (which depending on the weather could start next week.)

Pamela enclosed the nicest card and said that she had friends in Michigan and they were farmers and saw the "mountains" of food that were cooked for the men during harvest (and that is right.)

Pamela said she went to a Harry & David store for the first time and went a little crazy. Well, lucky for me!!

These are the food items

The tea party collection, I am a tea drinker and I will enjoy trying these,

Tuscan Rustic Wafers, Tapenade Sweet Pepper Spread (will be so good on the wafers,) Double Chocolate Chip Mini Cookies (they are really good) and Quick and Easy Scone Mix. I just can't wait to try the scone mix, did I say how good the chocolate cookies are?

The beautiful card, candy bubbles for Blake, I don't remember even mentioning how much he likes bubbles, we blow lots of bubbles and the prettiest sugar cookie, yes that is a cookie. I want to eat it, but it is too pretty, I hope I can hold out a little while longer.

The cutest tea towel with little bumble bees embroidered on it. I absolutely love this plate and matching mug. I will be having tea on the patio in the morning!

And a beautiful insulated bag, I just love it!

Pamela, I cannot Thank you enough, you picked the perfect package for me and I can assure you that I will be having a picnic in the garden and relaxing!

Thank you!

Karen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trixietx

I just tried the red pepper spread on the wafers (crackers) and it is delicious.
Well I tried it about five times and had to put it up.
Thanks again, Pamela.

Bookmark   September 22, 2005 at 1:01AM
pamela928

Karen--you are so welcome. I have been feeling so badly. I sent your package on Sept. 9 and I can't believe how long it took to get to you. Lesson learned: always send priority. You must've picked up the mail every day and sighed "no package today, again."

It was such fun shopping for you, and I hope you enjoy. I tried to find a few things that would last after the goodies were consumed.

Hope you'll share some of your harvest recipe "winners" this fall. I'll be saying a prayer that your Texas is spared the hurricane's wrath.
Your friend,
Pamela

Bookmark   September 22, 2005 at 4:50AM
stacy3

Just beautiful - what a great package! I absolutely love the insulated bag!

Great job Pamela!

Stacy (what are candy bubbles?)

Bookmark   September 22, 2005 at 7:12AM
kent4489

Karen, Oh, just lovely gifts for a lovely tea time.
Pamela, Nice choices. I'll bet your were nervous about it taking so long to get there.

Jayne

Bookmark   September 22, 2005 at 7:36AM
wizardnm

Lot's of goodies...nice job Pamela. I bet you are glad to see it there...at least it beat the hurricane! Nice color coordination.

Nancy

Bookmark   September 22, 2005 at 8:33AM
annie1992

The insulated bag is such a good idea, and Trixie is going to need a cup of tea after harvest, just to relax!

That's a very creative theme, Pamela. I'd tell Trixie to enjoy her package but I have a feeling she's busy, eating that tapenade. :-)

Annie

Bookmark   September 22, 2005 at 11:31AM
ann_t

Even I was starting to worry along with Pamela. What a nice package. I can't believe the cookie. I thought it was a candle. The insulated bag is really cool. No pun intended. Enjoy!

Ann

Bookmark   September 22, 2005 at 2:03PM
coronabarb

Oh, I love the plate and mug...so cute!

"Pamela said she went to a Harry & David store for the first time..."

How lucky to have a store nearby to visit!

barb

Bookmark   September 22, 2005 at 7:04PM
shaun

Very nice!

Bookmark   September 23, 2005 at 10:04PM
Karigraphy

What a thoughtful swap package. I like the insulated bag! I've used a much less glamorous one from Sam's Club to bring home frozen foods. Nice to have a bag in the trunk in case you shop one place and have to stop another before going home.

Have a good picnic in the garden and enjoy the fall - after the rain leaves Texas.

Karen

Bookmark   September 24, 2005 at 9:34PM
robinkateb

Great swap box. I love the insulated bag and the plate and mug the most but everything looks wonderful.

-Robin

Bookmark   September 25, 2005 at 10:44PM
craftyrn

Love that bag! And all those teas-wow--nice that Pamela remembered Blake.
Diane

Bookmark   September 26, 2005 at 8:08PM
jimtex

What a nice package Karen. I love trying different teas but my favorite would have to be (of course) the towel with the, ahem, honey bees. Being a beekeeper I can readily identify them LOL. Nice job Pamela!!

Bookmark   September 30, 2005 at 7:51PM
More Discussions
Tried And True "Edible" Brownie Recipe? (Where Legal)
Here is a cooking question, more specifically a baking...
johnliu_gw
As Seen on Food Fortunes -- Can you measure flour?
Have you seen this show? Shark Tank for the comestibles...
plllog
Sharing Jacques Pepin
Hi all - rather than tacking this onto the 'Peeves'...
carolb_w_fl
Weird "guy food" that's actually delicious?
You know what kind of food I mean? Not the kind of...
plllog
Cool feature I've just noticed (OT)
Has anyone else noticed that you can click on a picture...
sally2_gw
Sponsored Products
EdgeStar 2.0 Cubic Foot White Ventless Washer Dryer Combo
Overstock.com
'Loved' Wall Art
$39.99 | zulily
Serena & Lily Gobi Embroidered Sheet Set
Serena & Lily
Tech Lighting Meeka 17 3/4" Wide Chain Mail Pendant Light
Euro Style Lighting
55" Montange Acrylic Drop-In Air Tub
Signature Hardware