ameriware cooking pots non-stick coating similar to tefal

healthymamaMarch 2, 2008

AMERIWARE IS MADE WITH THE SAME CHEMICALS AS TEFAL!!!!!

It is NOT as healthy as they advertise.

I just bought an Ameriware set from Costco for CND$479 as we were in the market for healthier cookware. I hadn't heard of Ameriware so I thought I'd buy it (it was their last day at Costco), do the research then open the boxes. I am so glad I did. Their pans contain well known carcinogenic chemicals... I found this information at Prevent Disease.com.

I'm taking the set I purchased back tomorrow. It's sad that Ameriware puts their profits before their customers' health.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joe_blowe

Drop.

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 12:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
danab_z9_la

Your emotional reaction to your fear of carcinogens is not in line with the facts. Prevent Disease.com does not present you will all of the facts.

Ameriware cookware has earned the NSF seal of approval. This cookware (which is made by Vollrath) has been tested and meets an internationally recognized independent testing agency's criteria for consumer safety. There are no carcinogens in this product and no carcinogens are produced when this product is used as directed.

Below is a link which explains the NSF certification process. As you will see, they have used Ameriware cookware as an example. As explained in the link, it is much cheaper to buy this cookware from a restaurant supply store than it is to buy it from Costco....same cookware but at a much better price.

Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: NSF Certification

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 2:38PM
More Discussions
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
robantwerp
Fermented cabbage
Many people really enjoy as me the taste of fermented...
GeorgeLiv
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™