Saucepan source

puzzlefanMarch 28, 2013

I have been getting a headache researching online stores for places that sell individual pieces. So far unless you wish to buy All Clad, Kuhn Rikon, etc nothing is available. I would like to find medium priced stainless steel saucepans but no fry pans, etc. Does anyone know of a good shopping site for this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

I don't know about online, but TJ Maxx, Marshall's and Ross all have individual pieces.

And try Bed Bath and Beyond, too.

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 12:46AM
shannonplus2

Puzzlefan - one really great brand is Tramontina Triply-Clad, sold at Walmart. Don't be put off by the Wal-mart aspect. I am always astonished at the quality of the Tramontina Triply-Clad. It is highly praised by Cook's Illustrated magazine, and also other GWers. I have All-Clad too, and the Tramontina is equal in quality, and actually better ergonomically because the Tramontina handles are more comfortable.

I have the Tramontina Triply 4-qt and 3-quart saucepans, but I tend to use the 3-quart much more frequently, as the 4-qt. seems too big. When I do need a bigger pan, I pull out my 5-quart LeCreuset, so the 4-qt. saucepan just doesn't get much use. My 3-quart is used almost every day, and I am thinking about buying the 1-1/2 quart Tramontina Triply saucepan too, for re-heating a little soup and that kind of thing. Also, it cleans up beautifully with Barkeepers Friend; I've had mine several years and they still gleam.

The price can't be beat, and Walmart has a great return policy too. You typically can't find the Tramontina Triply in the store; you order it online and they will ship to your nearest store for free. If you don't like it, the return is easy.

Make sure though that you are getting the Tramontina TRIPLY. The Tramontina without "Triply" in the name isn't that good. It's like night and day. So make sure you get the Triply line.

Tramontina Triply 3-qt. Saucepan

Tramontina Triply 1-1/2 qt. Saucepan

Tramontina Triply 4-qt. Saucepan

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 7:37PM
sushipup1

I just saw some nice saucepans at Target, too. Try there as well.

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 8:20PM
More Discussions
Favorite tea kettle for induction?
Waiting patiently for my induction cooktop to be installed....
txjoyce
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™