sur la table tri ply stainless vs. all clad

nubegMarch 17, 2007

Has anyone tried the Sur la Table tri ply? I was told it compares well to All Clad, but the steel is from China. It's on sale now at Sur la Table stores and online.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msrevise

I called them last week and was told it's on sale b/c they're coming out with a new store brand line of cookware. Also they weren't sure who made it for them, but guessed that it was anolon, or someone along those lines. I was looking for a saucepan and ended up ordering a Gourmet Standard one instead; i'll see how that is.

Bookmark   March 18, 2007 at 5:00PM
nubeg

Thanks. I also happened to buy a Gourmet Standard tri ply 10 inch saute pan with lid after reading the Cook's Illustrated article that rated it a best buy. It was about $75 compared to almost $200 for All Clad. So far, I really like it.
The cookware on sale at Sur la Table looks really nice.

Bookmark   March 19, 2007 at 7:03PM
ns1313

I wouldn't trust the SLT cookware. Looks really nice, but there's a reason they are so cheap. You get hot spots all over the bottom (a couple of my friends bought them and really regretted it). I'd rather spend $200 getting a really good quality pot that will last me a lifetime than spend $80 every 4 years. I use All Clad and Fissler, both excellent in quality though Fissler is a little lighter so easier to handle.

Bookmark   March 23, 2007 at 1:21AM
kayskats

friend bought a sur la tab small fry pan and the handle is so heavy it tips over and will not sit flat on her smooth top stove.

Bookmark   March 31, 2007 at 10:09PM
More Discussions
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
Any information on Evaco/Cast?
Just saw this in a kitchen store...latest non-stick...
rogerv_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™