- Perhaps a better base-5 layer, includes copper

- Less expensive as a set-significantly

- Costco's amazing customer service

- No need to shop at Walmart or Sam's Club--an irrational thing with me

Tramontina

- Clad all over the pan, not just the bottom

- Available in open stock

Both are apparently well made and should last a long long time

I was wondwering if anyone had faced this choice and how they decided..or simply have an opinion

Thanks in advance

John

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
victoriajane

I love my Tramontina tri-ply. I have some All Clad as well and the two are virtually identical in form and function. I've never used Kirkland so I can't comment on it but the fact that Tramontina is available in open stock would be the deciding factor for me. I chose only the pieces I needed and had them sent to my local Walmarts (free shipping). In this way the Tramontina was cheaper for me than the Kirkland set would have been.

Bookmark   March 30, 2010 at 7:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msgenie516

I only have experience with Kirkland Stainless but it has served me well for a couple of years so far. Cooks well, easy to clean, doesn't burn or scorch on the bottom which means the heat distribution is even (if you keep the temperature at a proper level). It is the only thing I will use when making pudding, as my other pots have a tendency to stick. You can also brown meats very nicely. The 5-ply bottoms are magnetic, so I assume they will work on induction cooktops. I don't have one, so I can't try it out.

Of course, Kirkland is not open stock but if I needed other pieces, I would just add from a set that is.

I also do not patronize Wal-Mart or Sam's Club as I understand they ask good brand name manufacturers to produce lower quality items so that they (Wal-Mart) can sell them cheaper than the competition. So I feel you never know what you're really getting if you shop at a Wal-Mart or related store.

Bookmark   April 11, 2010 at 9:10PM
More Discussions
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™