Processor Advice Needed

elisamcsMarch 4, 2007

My almost 30-year-old food processor (Sunbeam) bit the dust last night, so I'm in the market for a replacement. I use it primarily for mixing pizza dough and grating cheeses. I already have a mini-processor and a KA stand mixer so I can live without one for a while. Any recommendations?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I love a Cuisinart...I have a DLC 10...7 cup model that easily makes dough using 4 cups of flour and crust for 2 pies. If I am shredding cabbage for slaw, I have to do it in 3 or more batches for a big cabbage...
But it sits on my counter and doesn't take up a ton of space....I wouldn't want a bigger one.
Linda C

Bookmark   March 5, 2007 at 10:45AM
mrsmarv

I have the Kitchenaid 11-cup FP. It's at least 16 years old (made in France) and still going strong.

Bookmark   March 5, 2007 at 12:38PM
mccall

Either of those are good choices. I have had my Cuisanart for over 20 years and no problems. Just be sure you do get direct drive not a belt type unit.

Bookmark   March 7, 2007 at 2:23PM
kitchendetective

I have an 18 year-old (or so) DLC-X and a 24 year-old DLC-7, both doing well, except that the lid is sometimes difficult to get off of the work bowl on the smaller one. I don't know if the new ones are made as well or not. Can someone with experience with both address that?

Bookmark   March 7, 2007 at 3:47PM
elisamcs

Thank you all for your responses. I went ahead and ordered the KitchenAid 750 model from Amazon. It was $149, no tax or shipping, AND it has a $20 rebate. I couldn't find anything better. I just hope it actually works!

Bookmark   March 7, 2007 at 8:02PM
More Discussions
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
Recommendation for pans for high heat cooking
I like "high heat" cooking, not the kind...
azmom
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
Fermented cabbage
Many people really enjoy as me the taste of fermented...
GeorgeLiv
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™