Help with a Farberware MicroBrew

ritaotayMarch 8, 2006

I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware MicroBrew... First off I'm not a coffee drinker so please don't hold that against me... lol

My sister is coming for a visit in a couple of weeks and she can't survive without coffee... I bought a Farberware MicroBrew a few years ago and never used it, now I can't find the instructions... Do I just add the water and coffee and stick it in the microwave or do I heat the water first and pour it over the coffee grounds??

Looks like it'll make two small cups or one good sized mug of coffee... How much coffee do I put in? There's a little scoop that came with it..

Rita

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I have a hunch if your sister is a coffee drinker, she will know how to make it work!\
Linda C

Bookmark   March 8, 2006 at 9:10PM
sailcook

Same problem as above. And I am a coffee drinker. HELP!!

Bookmark   March 19, 2006 at 8:03AM
jan_g

The Farberware MicroBrew makes two "coffee" cups (eg. 2 * 6 oz.) of coffee.

Put the coffee filter section of the MicroBrew on the bottom coffee pot section, put a #2 cone filter in the basket, and add the appropriate amount of coffee.

Put the top water chamber section on top of the coffee filter section and add water up to the lip at the top section (about 1 2/3 cups).

FIRMLY place the top on the water chamber section: the gasket fit must be very tight.

Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes depending on the power of your microwave. As the water heats, it expands and forces hot water and steam through the center cone and into the grounds, where it drips through to the bottom pot.

The Faberware MicroBrew was supposed to be a big event for Faberware back in the early 90s. That apparently was not the case. If you don't like it to make coffee, hang onto it for a couple of decades - it's bound to be a collectors' item!

Bookmark   August 18, 2008 at 10:41AM
paul1aref

Don't waste your time being misled by the title and going to this YouTube video - not sure what this idiot intended by such ploy: Farberware Microbrew Instructions - YouTube

► 1:24www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjVws4J-ujc

Bookmark   February 13, 2015 at 3:26PM
More Discussions
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
I have read threads in here from people who love their...
catt11
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
Sponsored Products
Sea & Kitty Bottle/Sippy Cup Insulator Set
$8.99 | zulily
AmeriHome Chairs Retro Style Series White Metal Patio Lawn Chair MCSSCW
$99.00 | Home Depot
Ingo Maurer | Johnny B. Good Pendant Light
$660.00 | YLighting
Franciscan Petite Euro Toilet Paper Holder - Chrome
Signature Hardware
elizabethW Collection Sheet Storage Case
$99.00 | FRONTGATE
Lidded Galvanized Ice Bucket with Scoop
| Dot & Bo
Rain Barrel: Good Ideas Rain Wizard Darkened Rib 40-Gallon Plastic Rain Barrel -
$95.28 | Hayneedle
Carmen 4-piece Comforter Set
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™