Help with brick ? on house

mrs.iceOctober 2, 2012

I was wondering if anyone knows what the reason may be behind my brick on my new house looking this way. I have a call in to them today but was curious if anyone here had an idea. There is a small section where the mortar just looks brighter and maybe even thicker than everywhere else. What do you all think?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gaonmymind

Two different mortar colors it looks like. They may need to go over the lower half with the darker color. I prefer the darker color.

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 6:17PM
mydreamhome

2 different colors of mortar, 2 different types/colors of sand, 2 different mix ratipos, upper portion may not have fully dried (if the bottom portion was applied a few days or weeks prior to the upper portion). Those are my best guesses. The color difference may be what is throwing off the look of the mortar width between the brick--it could just be visual. Have you measured the joints? If they measure differently, then my guess would be a different mason did the bottom than did the top.

Hope this helps!

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 6:25PM
mrs.ice

Thank you both for your replies. I didn't measure but last night it didn't look as bad in person as the picture. I would still like it fixed but also luckily shutters will be on both sides of the window.

Thanks again!

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 10:13AM
More Discussions
Are these doors acceptable to you?
These are walnut interior doors. I understand that...
pumpkinhouse
Bank help: What is a 442 Appraisal?
We thought we'd found a great construction loan program...
redheadeddaughter
Don Gardner Callaway Plan - anyone have pictures
My wife and I are considering building the Don Gardner...
Scott Carson
Looking for ideas on stone veneer layout on front of house
We are in the stages of finalizing the design &...
ddux97
Window Trim
I found the attached picture, and like the window trim...
burbmomoftwo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™