Cuisinart Multiclad, anyone?

msreviseMarch 18, 2006

Today's TGI circular advertises "new" Cuisinart multiclad (tri-ply) ss cookware at $300 for a 12-pc set. Comes w/2 saute pans w/lids, 2 sauce pans, and a bonus 3rd one, 2 stockpots, and a deep-sided (12") saute pan (not sure i've got the terminology right). Anyway, just wondered if anyone's seen this yet or tried it out, since it seems like a good buy, if one needs many of these pieces.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eandhl

At the bottom of the first page of this forum is a "search" type in Cuisinart and I am sure you will see some reviews.
I am sure there were favorable comments.

Bookmark   March 19, 2006 at 6:25PM
msrevise

eandhl, this is a totally brand new item, which is why i was wondering if anyone had taken a look at it or bought them yet. TGI is holding a cooking demo next weekend. The official name is "cuisinart multiclad pro" and they're alum core, brushed stainless exterior, stainless interior w/cool-grip handles.

Bookmark   March 19, 2006 at 11:41PM
Melic

where the reviewer had contacted Cuisinart, who indicated that the only difference between the 'new' multiclad pro and the 'old' multiclad was that they changed the handles. Also, the old multiclad was made in Korea; I think the multiclad pro might be made in China. I'm not near the cookware right now (it's in storage awaiting a new home) so I can't check.

Watch for further sales; when the new 12 piece set came out, I got it for around $200 from Amazon. Must have been a mistake; it's $299 now. :)

Amazon offers $25 off for purchases of $125 or more of a whole lot of Kitchen and Bath items, and I don't think Cuisinart is one of the excluded brands. Combine that with free shipping and it might save you a bit over your circular price.

It's really nice cookware, clad all the way up the sides, and you'll get almost all of the bang of all-clad (the multiclad isn't induction capable as is the all-clad stainless) for a significantly lower price.

They perform really well, and if the history of the old multiclad line is any gauge of future merchandising, they'll come out with a whole host of open stock pieces. I have several from the old line and I'm very happy with them.

Bookmark   March 20, 2006 at 3:20PM
msrevise

Thank you, melic! I didn't realize the only diff. was the handles... I'm glad to hear you like yours. Sounds like it's just what i'm looking for.

I will (shamefacedly) search those old threads, eandhl!

Bookmark   March 20, 2006 at 4:37PM
More Discussions
Help with Induction Cookware
I just bought a Samsung Induction cooktop, and I need...
element_z
Stainless Cookware cleaning - again... :
Hi all, IÂve read a lot of posts on how to clean stainless...
wazatron
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
pie crust in a Breville all in one food processor
Can a pie crust be made in a Breville all in one food...
Sue Molitor
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
Sponsored Products
Cuisinart CJE-1000 1000-watt 5-speed Juice Extractor
Overstock.com
Parisian Feast 20-Piece Flatware Set
$44.99 | zulily
Cuisinart DGB-625BC Brushed Metal Grind-and-Brew 12-cup Automatic Coffee Maker
Overstock.com
Jouy 20-Piece Flatware Set
$44.99 | zulily
Fampoux 20-Piece Flatware Set
$44.99 | zulily