Induction Chef's Pan?

royinvaMarch 27, 2011

We recently went to an induction cooktop and am very happy with the Cuisinart Multiclad Pro cookware we bought. One major problem though....

For years my favorite pan for nearly everything has been a 5 1/2 Qt. Cuisinart Chef's Pan. They are sometimes called "Everyday Pans" and All-Clad sells something similar (but smaller) called a "saucier". Cuisinart does not seem to make this pan in a model that will work with induction. It is wider at the top than the bottom and is tall than a traditional saute pan. What I love about it is how deep it is, so a regular saute pan does not measure up. Anyone know of a pan similar to this that will work with my cooktop?

Thanks much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mmg1

I'm just installing a new induction cooktop in my kitchen this week! I can't wait... although I'm a bit nervous as I hope the learning curve isn't too large and I don't burn too many meals! :)

I also just bought a bunch of Cuisinart Multiclad Pro individual pieces from TJ Maxx today. I found a 5.5 quart "casserole with cover", which seems to be similar to what you are describing. If you look online, could this be the one you desire? TJ Maxx might be the place to search!

That being said, you mention you've been happy with the Multiclad Pro. I've been online most of the day today searching for comments on this line. I'll continue to hunt for All Clad, but it seems these two lines are very similar. Any experience with AC versus the Multiclad Pro?

I also bought a Palm 13" skillet w/cover as I have a 13" burner. I checked to make sure my magnet stuck, but haven't heard a word about The Palm's quality. It's 3 ply on the bottom only, I believe. Is that sufficient? Has anyone tried this brand for induction cooking?

Bookmark   March 27, 2011 at 7:51PM
beachlily z9a

I've had induction for over a year. My chef's pan is from Emerilware and it works just fine. Really like using it.

Bookmark   April 1, 2011 at 3:39PM
djg1

No experience with induction, but you might want to take a look at Williams Sonoma for an AC pan that's not in the general catalog. They call it a saute/simmer pan -- 4 quarts. The shape is similar to a sauteuse, with high, curved sides and a diameter at the top that's larger than the one on the bottom. OTOH, it offers a wider bottom than the chef's pan. Great pan -- seems to be on perpetual sale at 149 bucks, which is not cheap, but IMO worth it for a great and versatile piece with a lid.

Bookmark   April 4, 2011 at 8:44AM
rozu

Circulon Infinite line has a chef's pan. The Ciruclon Infinite line is all supposed to be induction ready. The also have a 10.5 buffet pan that sounds similar

Bookmark   April 11, 2011 at 10:14PM
More Discussions
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
Any information on Evaco/Cast?
Just saw this in a kitchen store...latest non-stick...
rogerv_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™