Basic cookware question

tech0010March 6, 2007

My kitchen involvement is normally limited to "install the stove here and the dishwasher here", but my wife wants me to buy her cookware as a gift.

She asked for Caphalon Tri Ply stainless 13 piece set, so that's very specific and easy to buy. She also asked for a couple of nonstick frying pans.

Do the caphalon contemporary non stick omelet pans qualify for this? I found two for $50 that seem to be a good deal.

We have a smooth glass cook-top.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I sure wouldn't buy a whole set of any cookware...certain pots in certain lines are not the best for everything. But some people get their kicks from having everything look the same on the shelf.
I like Meyer professionalweight for an omelette pan....or go to a cook supply store and see what they have. Be sure what you get is aluminum because it conducts heat more evenly.
If you really want to surprise her....get her a beautiful cast iron enameled Dutch Oven in a color to compliment the new kitchen. They also make nifty but expensive omelette pans as well!
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: My favorite things!

Bookmark   March 6, 2007 at 1:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kris_zone6

I have the 8-piece set of Calphalon Tri=Ply and have used every piece, I have even purchased other pieces and used all of them. I also have a old nonstick fry pan and several LeCreuset french oven and one of their omelet pans that is nonstick. I use all of it.

Bookmark   March 6, 2007 at 10:55PM
More Discussions
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™