Anolon Cookware?

ellydMarch 16, 2005

My mother is in the process of moving and while she was cleaning out her place, she came across a 10 1/2" Anolon Classic Stir Fry pan and gave it to me. Brand new. Never used. My mom is the type that will buy something, put it away and forget about it, so I don't know how old it is.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? It's easy to hold and the food just slides around with ease. I was wondering if it would be worth getting other pieces. I'm so desperate for a 12" skillet right now.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mes444

Anolon is very nice cookware. I have only one 8" pan but I like it very much. It is more non stick than my Calphalon non stick and is generally less expensive. Very good idea to get a 12" pan in Anolon, check Amazon, they had one on special a few weeks ago.

Bookmark   March 16, 2005 at 7:35PM
compumom

It's pretty good. I have a whole set that I bought on sale maybe 5 or 7 years ago. Some of the pieces are now starting to lose some of their finish and I'm replacing it with Calphalon. The one I HATE is Circulon--those darn ridges are not nice to clean! But if you have a free pan, you've got a bargain,enjoy!

Bookmark   March 16, 2005 at 9:59PM
akastj_northern_ca

Anolon is manufactured by Meyer Corporation. They also manufacture other brands like Circulon, Kitchen Aid, Farberware and Silver Stone.

FWIW. I have a complete set of the Anolon Titanium and am quite pleased with it...

TJ

Here is a link that might be useful: Meyer.com

Bookmark   March 17, 2005 at 8:04AM
akastj_northern_ca

Meyer offers their products online (linked below), usually at discount. You can get very good prices if they have what you want on sale.

Note that they're currently offering an additional 20% off Anolon open stock...

TJ

Here is a link that might be useful: PotsAndPans.com

Bookmark   March 17, 2005 at 8:09AM
ellyd

Thank you everyone for your input. I'll definitely be ordering a 12" skillet. I really like the handles on the Anolon Classic line. They're easy to grip. I don't put my skillets in the oven to bake very often so I'm not worried about melting them.

Bookmark   March 17, 2005 at 9:17PM
rjblanc_excite_com

I have a lot of Meyer anolon cookware. My favorite pan used to be the chef's pan. After a few years of use the non-stick failed and food started to stick and burn. Meyer refused to replace it saying that burnt on food showed i had overheated it and they also claimed i had used sharp implements - both completely untrue. When i appealed they called me a liar.

Don't buy them if you intend heay use as they don't last and they won't honour the guarantee!

Bookmark   June 26, 2008 at 2:50PM
More Discussions
Favorite tea kettle for induction?
Waiting patiently for my induction cooktop to be installed....
txjoyce
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
Best stockpot recommendations?
I've been slowly upgrading my cookware (Demeyere, Le...
Gooster
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™