Non non-stick belgian waffle maker?

trantMarch 9, 2009

Anyone know of any good waffle making implementations, which are non non-stick ? I want to stay away from those controversial chemicals...

Ideally, a convenient to use automated machine but if they don't make any of them without non-stick surface then maybe I'll go for a cast iron one if can find one for belgian waffle types... know of any?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Look for a "vintage" one...mine is non-non stick...more than 20 years old, well seasoned and works very well.
But I'm not selling it!!
Linda C

Bookmark   March 9, 2009 at 8:16PM
trant

Can you tell me what brand/model it is so I can try and look for one on ebay or something?

And how happy are you with it's operation?

thanks!

Bookmark   March 10, 2009 at 12:03AM
lindac

It's a GE...easily 25 years old....works wonderfully. It has a head adjustment from low to high, I leave it on Medium. It has a red light that indicates it's heating, when the light goes out, the iron is hot enough, pour in the batter, slowly close the lid, the light comes on and when it goes out again your waffle is done. I would check out the thrift shops.
I have another old well seasoned waffle iron that makes skinnier waffles that must date to 1930....it has lost the knob that opens it....I need to get rid of it, even though it still makes wonderful waffles.
Linda C

Bookmark   March 12, 2009 at 7:23PM
More Discussions
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
Any information on Evaco/Cast?
Just saw this in a kitchen store...latest non-stick...
rogerv_gw
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™