grill pan for an electric glass top stove

mbobdenMarch 30, 2008

Has anyone tried the Calphalon styleware grill pan from target with a glass top electric stove? I have been looking for a good rated pan but all of them have the ridged bottoms that are not recommended for glass tops. I would love a grill pan with with a grill press as well but so far have only found the very heavy cast iron ones with flat bottoms. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eandhl

LeCruset has a nice grill pan that has a flat bottom that would work nice on a smoothtop range. Probably Staub has one too.

Bookmark   March 30, 2008 at 5:18PM
nwesterner

This past year I found a cast iron grill pan (non-enameled) at TJMaxx for a great price. Decided to buy it (as my enameled non-stick cast iron pan started to shed the coating after just a year or two).

I have used my other non-enameled cast iron on my glass top, and this new grill pan works great also. It has a flat bottom (but no grill press) and I have had no trouble with it.

Bookmark   March 30, 2008 at 10:27PM
jono123

I have the Staub grill pan which I use on my induction cooktop. The shape of it (a rectangle) means only the center portion gets really hot though they also sell a smaller square shaped one. The LC one is square.

It works fine to add nice grill marks but so far, things stick to it pretty bad. I am going to try seasoning the surface by coating with oil then baking the pan for 30min and see if that helps.

Mostly I just use it as a small broiler pan which it works well for as in that application, it is pretty easy to clean up.

If I can use this one without the very tough clean up, I would use it a lot as I like the grill marks.

Bookmark   March 31, 2008 at 5:46PM
More Discussions
tin lined copper saute pan
I bought a large saute pan at a flea market a while...
selfsown
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22 - NJ - Zone 6b/7a
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
ritaotay
Sponsored Products
Gladiator Hyperflame Two-Burner Stove
$124.99 | zulily
Nubia Tea Kettle
$16.99 | zulily
Napoleon 405 Built-In Grill Cover - 63640
$40.00 | Hayneedle
Reversible Cast Iron Griddle
$29.99 | zulily
Napoleon Prestige PRO600 Rotis - 64600
$149.99 | Hayneedle