4qt. saute pan or 4qt. 'chef's pan'?

mahatmacat1February 22, 2006

I've just seen this "chef's pan" that looks like a tiny wok (small flat area, very sloped sides--all clad stainless, also saw one in calphalon contemporary SS at Tuesday Morning) and I'm wondering which would be better for making my messes of chicken/vegs and sauce and rice and such...they're both 4qt--I'd been assuming I'd get the 4qt saute pan but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something. The bigger flat surface of the saute pan looks like what I would use it for, whereas the chef's pan would be to cook smaller amounts of meat than we usually do, then move them up while I do the vegs a la wok cooking. Seems to me that I might as well use the wok for that when I want it, and the flat saute pan for when I want to have things sit and simmer for a while together.

Is that what the "chef's pan" type pans are used for?

TIA :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Never mind...I got both :)

    Bookmark   February 26, 2006 at 2:30AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
Help with a Farberware MicroBrew
I need some help figuring out how to use a Farberware...
Any information on Evaco/Cast?
Just saw this in a kitchen store...latest non-stick...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™