QVC Cook's Essentials -- Opinions?
I will be getting married this summer and would like to purchase a new cookware set for my future husband and me. So far we have a couple of basic pieces that have gotten us through college and a little beyond but I would like to purchase a set that will last us much longer and be much more durable. My parents have also given me a few Oneida stainless steel pieces that I love, so I am looking for something similar. I am interested in QVC's Cook's Essentials Stainless Steel line. Here is what I like:
- The saucepans have the curved sides near the base that spoons fit easily in.
- The saucepans come with collander (SP?) lids which I have rarely seen anywhere else.
- I like being able to see what I am cooking with the tempered glass lids.
- I really like stainless steel! I know the anodized (SP?) is supposed to be better but I think they are too ugly for me!
- I have bought from QVC often in the past and have always been satisfied with their service.
What do you think? Good? The only other concern I have is that this line is only oven-safe to 350. They have a stainless steel 500 line that is oven-safe to 500, but I don't like the stainless lids. I also have never needed to put my cookware in the oven like that -- usually just use on stovetop.
I LOVE cooking but can't afford tons of $$. Is this a good value? What are your opinions on what would be best long term? Any opinions on Cook's Essentials in general? Thanks for any advice!!