who makes this mixer

vacuumfreakFebruary 16, 2007

Hi there. Boy this "Cooks" brand mixer makes my white KA Classic look pretty shabby. I guess it is the JC Penny store brand. Just wondering if you know who actually makes it for JC Penny? A 700 watt motor, stainless steel and black... I am in love. It's half off right know... I HOPE my Kitchen Aid dies soon... I know that is terrible of me to say but WOW. Looks like it might have a bit more plastic on it than the KA, but I think it is beautiful. Does anyone have any experience with this model?

Here is a link that might be useful: Great mixer!?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrsmarv

vac ~ The mixer is made in China. I certainly don't want to be the one to tell you "Don't do it!". No, I'll take that back. I will be the one. Don't do it. Hold on to your old KA until you can afford to replace it with something worthy of you hard-earned money. Just because it looks good doesn't mean it is. Why on earth would they sell it for 1/2 price if it was good quality? They wouldn't need to do that because if it was good quality, it would sell itself regardless of the price. You know the old saying..."Beauty is only skin deep".

Bookmark   February 17, 2007 at 12:16PM
vacuumfreak

Yes... I am sure that my KA will outlive me, but the "cheap" one is soooooooooooo pretty!

Bookmark   February 17, 2007 at 2:15PM
lindac

Surely you know by now that a pretty face ain't all?
Form over substance doesn't make it!!...Stick with the Kitchen Aid....and spend the extra $$ on a lovely Le Cruset Dutch oven!...You will be glad!
But...hey Vacuum Guy....do you have a cuisinart? They are pretty and do the job!
Maybe buy one of them!
Linda C

Bookmark   February 17, 2007 at 8:56PM
More Discussions
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Food Grinder
My hubs gave me the meat/food grinder attachment for...
mimijacobs
Any information on Evaco/Cast?
Just saw this in a kitchen store...latest non-stick...
rogerv_gw
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
Favorite tea kettle for induction?
Waiting patiently for my induction cooktop to be installed....
txjoyce
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™