I just opened ........

wizardnmJuly 17, 2006

A GREAT package from Teresa!

It came this afternoon and I waited for Kim to get home from work, she loves these swaps too.

First, there was a really nice letter from Teresa telling me more about herself. Teresa, thank you, it's really nice to get to know swap buddies better.

Then there was a packing list that explained that her theme was...."Categories-in-a-Box"....so here we go...

1. Condiments... Southern Delight BBQ Sauce, this looks really special and good, can't wait to try it. Apple Chutney,from Thomas Gourmet Food....yum! Doc Lee's Medium Pepper Relish, another yum! These were made in the same town that Teresa lives in. Also there is a jar of Savory Basil Garlic Pesto....a really big YUM here, it looks great.

2. Sweets....I'm busted! Teresa sent Almond Pistachio Biscotti and a box of Prim's Orange Filled Soft Cookies. Teresa knows how I love things to go with my coffee.

3. Table Top.... I love these... There are four of the cutest Chardonnay wine pattern plates, napkins to match and a pottery wine coaster....Teresa, the colors are great! They go with my color scheme so well. I can't believe you found something that works so well.

4. Seasonings.... Sea Salt and Tellicherry Peppercorns...both will be put to good use.

5. And the last catagory.... Etceteras..... the handiest little prep bowl...it hold about 1 cup and has a lid (from Oxo) this size will get lots of use and she even sent a bag of Martha Whites Self Rising Cornmeal Mix. This is impossible to find up here where I live.

Teresa....a BIG THANK YOU!!! I really appreciate everything you sent and the amount of thought you put into this great swap package. I wish I could take a picture and was glad to read that you took one. I had a ball opening it all up and everything was packed so well...nothing broke, smashed or leaking...you did good!

Nancy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
teresa_nc7

Whew! I'm so glad everything arrived safely with "nothing broke, smashed or leaking!"

I had fun learning more about you, Nancy, and trying to find items I thought you would enjoy. I hope you are able to use the useables and eat the comestibles (is that the right word?) during the rest of the summer and into the fall.

Stay cool!

Teresa

A pic of Nancy's swap box goodies:

Bookmark   July 17, 2006 at 8:47PM
robinkateb

Nancy, Teresa packs a great box doesn't she? I was the happy recipient of a swap from her as well. Enjoy!!

I find it a little funny that the box received is not one of the folks who has been madly tracking their packages today. That always seems to happen to me as well.

-Robin

Bookmark   July 17, 2006 at 8:56PM
bubbeskitchen

I am so busted paying attention only to my little box in the wild.

Teresa, you chose such wonderful items for Nancy. I love the Chardonay wine plates. And oh those Pimms Orange cookies are a favorite of mine. Tellicherry Peppercorns pack a lot of punch; you won't need as much as a recipe calls for. I love their aroma. Ahchoo!

Happy box found a very good home. Hurray!

Bookmark   July 17, 2006 at 9:12PM
jessyf

Very cute plates. I've seen that bowl in the stores and have refrained from buying them. Now I won't! Everything looks yummy!

Bookmark   July 17, 2006 at 9:34PM
dedtired

Another winner! This is my first swap and I am flabbergasted by all the thought and care that go into these boxes. I love the wine coaster especailly.

Pam

Bookmark   July 17, 2006 at 10:15PM
maggie2094

I love the combination of blue and brown together. Great choices, Teresa. Lots of goodies for you to try, Nancy. Enjoy!

Bookmark   July 17, 2006 at 10:36PM
annie1992

Nancy, have one of those Pim's cookies for me, I love 'em.
The wine plates are very cool and everything sounds really yummy.

Teresa was my swap partner last fall and I got a GREAT swap box. She knows how to pack a swap box, that's for sure.

I'm sure you and Kim will enjoy everything.

Annie

Bookmark   July 17, 2006 at 11:23PM
craftyrn

Oh Boy Nancy -- you and Kim are in for some great tastes with that box ! And you'll get endless use from the rest.
Can't make up my mind which I like more -- the plates or that nifty pottry wine coaster , very unique items Teresa-- you seem to have Nancy down to a tee .

Diane

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 12:19AM
compumom

Teresa you managed to capture the "right stuff" for a great gal! I love those little Oxo bowls-- I have two small ones and one large. They're my faves!

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 1:49AM
kent4489

Nancy, lucky you...all wonderful items!
Teresa, you put together a great package.
I love those plates too.

Jayne

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 6:30AM
homesforsale

You're all terrific swap partners..
I can tell everything is thought out and picked with happiness for the recipients..:)

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 8:16AM
chase_gw

I'm coveting those plates too!!! Great swap Teresa, seems so Nancy!

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 8:55AM
momto4kids

What another amazing assortment of goodies! I'd love to try all those condiments! I've never had Pim's cookies, but I've heard they're good! The salt and pepper are great to have at the stove! I love the plates, too. Everything! What a great package! Enjoy!

Super job, Teresa!!

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 9:09AM
shaun

I love the Chardonay wine plates and the wine coaster! Never seen a wine coaster before.

Great swap package! Enjoy it all~

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 9:51AM
chancesmom

Love that wine coaster and the plates! very nice assortment of snackies and condiments.

great job Teresa!
janet

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 10:40AM
doucanoe

Another great swap box! Those plates are very cute, and I love the wine coaster. Nancy, you will use that OXO bowl often, I love mine!

Great job, Teresa!

Linda

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 11:50AM
mustangs81

Teresa, You selected a lot of great items for a great lady!

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 12:39PM
sheshebop

I love that wine coaster too...and if that garlic basil pesto is the stuff from "A Southern Season," you are in for a treat! Wonderful package, Teresa! Enjoy, Nancy of the North!

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 1:01PM
goldgirl

Yet another wonderful swap box :) The plates, napkins, and coaster are especially awesome. Great job, Teresa. Hope you enjoy your goodies Nancy!

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 2:00PM
stacy3

oooh - another fun one!!!!!! What wonderful items you chose Teresa! I also love the wine coaster...and I don't think I can get ANY of those specialty items...

Nancy, beautiful description - have fun!

Stacy

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 2:10PM
Marigene

What a nice package, love the plates and you can't go wrong with chocolate and orange in the same cookie!

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 3:41PM
riverrat1

Niiiiice!

Theresa, I know Nancy will enjoy her goodies that you put so much thought into.

Nancy, I enjoyed reading your description ;-)

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 3:50PM
ArabellaMiller

Very, very nice! I do love those plates and napkins.

Enjoy!

AM

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 3:59PM
lowspark

Teresa sent me that same pottery wine coaster in a previous swap and I love it!! Great package, everything looks wonderful!

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 5:06PM
granjan

Great goodies and beautiful plates, napkins and wine coaster. Another wonderful box. They just keep coming.

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 6:29PM
ann_t

Oh I'm so glad that you took pictures Teresa. Very nice swap box. Love the plates and the pottery wine coaster. I know that Nancy will enjoy using everything.

Ann

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 8:01PM
Gina_W

Teresa, nice job on those useables and comestibles, LOL!

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 8:24PM
debbie814

Teresa, you certainly put a smile on Nancy's face. The Chardonay wine plates are great. I could go for some of those Pimms Orange cookies right about now. Enjoy your goodies Nancy!

Bookmark   July 19, 2006 at 5:34AM
traceys

I love those plates. I wish I could find things like that around here. Nice box Teresa. I'm sure Nancy is enjoying everything.

Tracey

Bookmark   July 19, 2006 at 6:41AM
paulines

Very nice pottery wine coaster, the colors are so perty. Doc Lee's pepper relish-hmmmm, that sounds soooo good!Teresa, great job!

Nancy & Kim, enjoy everything!

Bookmark   July 19, 2006 at 10:41AM
dlundin

Now that's what I'm talking about! What an excellent package of regional items and just good stuff. Nice work, Teresa. Enjoy it, Nancy!

Bookmark   July 19, 2006 at 10:51AM
trixietx

Teresa, what a nice package, everything looks and sounds great.

Have fun, Nancy!

Bookmark   July 20, 2006 at 1:12AM
RuddMD

Great package! Love the wine coaster.

Bookmark   July 20, 2006 at 1:23PM
Tikanas2

Having been a recipient of a swap box from Teresa, I know how much you are gonna love everything!

I love the wine coaster. Is that from Frogtown Pottery? Teresa sent me a gorgeous chip/dip server from there....

Teresa, another wonderful package!

Tikanas

Bookmark   July 20, 2006 at 7:24PM
lsr2002

What a great group of gifts. You and Kim can party in style.

Nice job Teresa.

Lee

Bookmark   July 21, 2006 at 2:26AM
More Discussions
Aeropress coffee-science question for coffee weenies
I got an Aeropress today. Just made my first cup of...
l pinkmountain
Substitutions that turned out better than the "real thing?"
Hi, all. The other day I wanted one of my "go-to"...
kiwigem
Happy Birthday Nancy/wizardnm
A little bird just told me that today is your birthday,...
annie1992
What to do with fermented green tomaotes?
We have more than a lifetime's worth of fermented green...
matthias_lang
Pasta rolling pin aka mattarello
I'm planning on purchasing a mattarello or pasta rolling...
miscel
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™