Can this stoneware be saved?
Hi. I'm usually in other forums on gardenweb so this is my first time here.
I have a shallow rectange stone purchased from pampered chef several years ago. After much use it is now completely black. Appears to have a layer of hardened grease/oil on it. It starts to smoke when I try to use it in the oven above 350 degrees. When I cut on it say with a pizza cutter the "black layer" sometimes chips off. I just wash it was hot water using the scrapper it came with. Sometimes I use paper towels if there is alot of grease on it.
Can this stone be saved or do I have to start over with a new stone? What did I do wrong?