Bosch Compact

IoneFebruary 17, 2006

I got a Bosch compact the other day,so far I think I will like it.When making Bread what do I do when it calls for heating milk etc?I tried the recipe for french bread that came with it and it wasnt to bad.But I want to try others. My neck and arms are so bad I cant knead bread.Trust me suzy homemaker I am not.Still haven't made cookies,just a few cake mixes,meat loaf,milk shake with the blender.I hope I didnt waste money by not buying the bigger one.Any and all help I will be grateful for.Thank you,

Mary Lynn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pkguy

How is it going with your new mixer.. as for heating milk and or water for recipes I always use the microwave and then test the temp with an instant read thermometer. I let the doughs rise in the microwave as well because after heating the water, the microwave cavity is usually nice and warm, great for rising dough in. Let it rise right in the Bosch bowl in there.

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 5:54AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Ione

Thanks for anwering Pkguy.Still playing with my compact.Still wondering if I should have got a bigger one.I m going to drag my Magic Mill out.Got it about 14 years ago and never used it except to grind some popcorn 1 time.Any help on how much the compact will handle?I sure dont want to blow it up.Still havent used the shedder yet.Got to get a cookbook for bread.Hopefully I find one for breads made in a mixer.Atleast if I never use it for anything but Meat Loafs and Cakes I will be happy.SORTA.Have a great day.

Bookmark   February 26, 2006 at 4:26PM
More Discussions
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™