smartphones?

carolssisOctober 10, 2012

We just updated our phones from the old razor to Nokia 900. They are fairly easy to use. Calling the "help" line is pretty useless, they know less than I do about this phone and they reccommend we take it back to the store. Store is too busy, long wait time. Web site is not real helpful either. And, yes, I do have the owner's manual downloaded in pdf. So.. the question is, does anyone know of a site I can ask questions on. Anything like this one would be great. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zep516

Hi,

Try the forum listed :)

Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: nokiausers.net/forum

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 11:25PM
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

There are nokia forums you can try.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nokia forum

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 11:29PM
kudzu9

What are you trying to do that you can't?

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 1:56AM
acraftylady

If your provider is verizon they have wonderful help forums on their site with members helping other members. The the other major carriers also have forums. I am with verizon and have gotten great help from the forums plus verizon has a nice online chat. Mary

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 5:32PM
SnidelyWhiplash

I've always had great over the phone customer and tech support from Verizon. Their tech support is so good, it should make other companies envious. Every question gets answered, almost anything is possible, and they always have useful suggestions. And you usually don't have to wait long, to talk to a real person who speaks English.

I don't think they offer Nokia phones right now. For whatever reason, Nokia's never seemed to have had a big CDMA presence.

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 9:54PM
acraftylady

I agree about their customer service. If you read on the verizon forums a lot don't feel that way. Right now I read some problems where people went into a store to just see their options for upgrading phones but didn't do anything and next day find out there unlimited data was taken away and dropped to 2gig. I just can't believe this. Mary

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 10:11PM
SnidelyWhiplash

Verizon changed its pricing model. It used to be that phone calls were measured (you paid for different levels of minutes of usage) and data was unlimited. Now it's the opposite, they're pushing unlimited call minutes and tiers of data usage.

There was a date in June, before which you could start one last 2 yr period of unlimited data IF you already had an unlimited data plan and had an upgrade to use. Otherwise, no longer available. I think other carriers have similarly put an end to unlimited data. Why - because they can, and with the popularity of smart phones, data is driving usage (and stressing system capacity) more than calling is.

The resulting 2gb limit is high. I'd say it's bordering on impossible for one person to reach with normal use UNLESS someone wants to watch movies and TV in a location where Wifi isn't available OR uses their phone for navigation A LOT.

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 11:03PM
More Discussions
GW/Houzz page rendering on my browser
Weird question about GW/Houzz, over the last six months,...
dbarron
Owbist Where is Owbist?
Did he cash in? Haven't seen his dulcet tones since B4...
mxyplux
Adobe flash player and pdf reader installation on Win8
I have a new Win 8 touch screen laptop. I've been using...
hald
System Restore on new windows 7 need password?
I just bought an Acer windows 7 tower and when I wanted...
urlee
which tablet
Shopping for a friend's 11yr old GD who wants a 10"...
abreeze
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™