36" BlueStar gas supply line size

FarmerMcLarryNovember 4, 2013

The installation manual for my 36" BS range is a little vague. It states, "Your appliance has either a 1/2" NPT or 3/4" NPT gas inlet connection." They go on to recommend that the supply line should be 1/4" larger than the gas inlet of the appliance. Is there a way to tell what size inlet connection mine has? It's still boxed up, and my GC wants to install the gas line this week, but I'm not sure what size to tell him. I'm thinking I should just have him run 1" in the event that mine has the larger inlet size. That way if mine is the 3/4", I'm set. If mine is the 1/2", then I'm assuming there would be a way to reduce the line to 3/4". I'm not sure if that is the right idea though. Anybody out there with a 36" BS know the size of your inlet? Thanks!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cookncarpenter

I have a 36 RNB. On the rear of the range is a 1/2" male nipple, to which I connected a 5/8" flex with a shut off to a 3/4" house gas line, has worked fine for nine months now. Can't imagine needing a 1" gas line, but you might want to check with Bluestar nonetheless...
Possibly the 60" range, or the 48" with the salamander broiler have the larger input requirement?

This post was edited by ctycdm on Mon, Nov 4, 13 at 8:53

Bookmark   November 4, 2013 at 12:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
FarmerMcLarry

Thanks ctycdm, that's exactly what I needed to know. The GC is going to run 3/4 up to the shutoff and then bring it down to 1/2 from there. Thanks again!

Bookmark   November 4, 2013 at 9:28PM
More Discussions
Jenn Air Counter Depth Refrigerator
Hi, We will probably be getting the Jenn Air counter...
C C
Has anyone dealt with any members from AutomaticWasher.org
I am curious to know if anyone has spoken with any...
anthony1717
Hands On With the New Wolf M Ovens: Good, Bad & Wish They Woulda'
Just (yesterday) got a new Wolf M double oven installed...
applnut2
Oven size vs cabinet size
In my search for a new oven I noticed that all have...
dickross
Wolf oven error on self clean: TCO detect as open
I've had two Wolf E series for nearly 2 years (single...
repac
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™