Blue Star 30" RNB

Caro39November 18, 2013

I would like to thank each and everyone of you who have taken the time to post about Blue Star, the good, the bad and the ugly! I could never have made a decision without all the valuable input I found on this site. At long last I finally decided to get a good gas range and when I went to our appliance store I almost fell over at how the prices have gone up. I stumbled upon the Blue Star due to the salesman (I had never heard of them before). I wanted a cooking machine without all the bells and whistles that I could use when our power goes out and something that produced excellent food!!! My Scotch blood steered me towards the RCS but in the end I decided with something like this you get what you pay for. Thanks to a sale I was able to get the RNB and just finished eating the best stir fry ever that I made!! Friend loved it as well!! So....if any of you are "lurking" here as I was, wait for the sale and get the RNB, the heat of that 22,000 btu burner makes for far superior stir frys and now I am off to discover what else it can do!! By the way, the show room model of the RCS had edges that could have impaled a person; when you are cooking and moving fast these things can make a world of difference but may seem trivial when considering how much you want to spend. ( Oh and that would be just at the height of a little one's head. Maybe they have put the bullnose on the RCS now).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
otterkill

I agree about the stir fry. I just found a made in Hong Kong wok at a thrift store, took it home, gave a good cleaning with Kosher salt and a plastic bristle brush. I made the best stir fry ever on my RNB! What a difference with the right equipment and heat!

Bookmark   November 18, 2013 at 9:25AM
bmorepanic

Was the showroom model of the rcs the old one or the new one? I was finally able to take a look at Blue star in person, but they didn't have an rcs.

Is the place you got yours on the web somewhere?

Bookmark   November 18, 2013 at 10:28AM
Caro39

Actually, I don't know if the RCS was the old or new because I was going to get it until I read on this site the difference the 22,000 btu burners made which stopped further research on the RCS. Yes Albert Lee (the showroom) has a website, just google the name. They are very helpful.

Bookmark   November 18, 2013 at 3:54PM
More Discussions
INDUCTION wars: Electrolux freestanding or Bosch slide in?
Hi everyone! We have our induction range choice down...
Kiwigem
Finish Detergent
Has anyone tried the new Finish Quantum Max 12X pacs?...
sparky823
Vent hood, Broan, Vent a Hood, Zephyr, or Kobe
I am looking for a 36'' under cabinet hood for a 36''...
abick2
Bosch Dishwasher Problems...
We have a relatively new (1-2 years old) Bosch dishwasher....
ronaka
Refrigerator - Fisher Paykel, Blomberg, Summit...?
I am looking for a counter-depth refrigerator no more...
virtualanne
Sponsored Products
LBL Abbey Grande Satin with Blue-Amber-Red CFL Pendant
Euro Style Lighting
West Highland White Cornwall Flower Shade Double Gourd Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Home Decorators Area Rug: Anatole Deep Blue and Ivory 3' x 5'
Home Depot
Bubble Ball 17 Light Linear Suspension
Lightology
Tom Dixon | Water Scented Candle - Medium
$115.00 | YLighting