WANTED: Cowichan Valley in a box!!!!

doucanoeJuly 27, 2006

The mail gal brought a great big box to me today. Direct from Vancouver Island courtesy of....yes! Ann T!!!!

I have a couple students in the shop right now, but I promise I will post VERY SOON! It is wonderful!

Linda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shaun

::: jeopardy music playing :::

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 6:01PM
doucanoe

Oh, man! I couldn't wait for the class to be over so I could ogle my swap items again!

Ann, you have exquisite taste and I absolutely love everything you sent!

First, Ann included a very cool card telling me about the items, and why she chose them. (And a wine print on front of the card is suitable for framing, I might add.) Ann said the photos I posted of my front porch served as her inspiration. (did I say how happy I am that I can now post photos?)

There is a beautiful tray that is hand painted by a local artist. (Is this by the same person that did your red cabinet, Ann?) It is definitely going to serve up some morning coffee or tea and maybe an evening glass of wine or two...or three...

Next is a set of two beautiful pottery mugs and a honey pot that were hand crafted by a woman that shows her pottery at the Duncan Market near Ann's home. I adore pottery, and I am in love with these!

Then there is a lovely jar of wildflower honey from a local farm. I can't wait to taste this. I love honey! Now to decide what to put it on...a muffin? A biscuit? Toast? A bagel? The possibilities are endless!

And the most awesome maple cutting board I have ever seen! Again, hand crafted by Lee Wolf, a fellow that does beautiful work! Ann says she has three of his boards, and I can certainly see why! I love that he uses the natural shape of the wood!

Ann also included a newspaper from her area. I will have to hide it from Tim until I finish reading it. He is a newspaper freak!
Ann, I can't thank you enough for your generosity and the wonderful gifts. They mean the world to me and I will cherish them always!

Here is a photo of all these wonderful things!

Linda

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 6:50PM
homesforsale

Oh Linda!! From the moment I saw Ann's cutting board..I thought I had never seen anything more beautiful:) Look at you!!

Everything is so nice..But your board.. Frame it:)

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 6:55PM
Marigene

Oh, what a package; unique cutting board, handpainted tray, local honey, and.......love, love, love the pottery. Nice going, Ann.

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 6:59PM
riverrat1

I'm using Jessicas line.

***thud***

I can just see you serving tea on your front porch with the tray filled with the honey pot and tea!

Ann, fabulous!

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 7:00PM
blueiris24

Oh Linda, what a wonderful package! I especially like the tray and the cutting board -- nice job, Ann!

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 7:31PM
Gina_W

Wow, what beautiful items from the local artisans! Perfect choices Ann.

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 7:59PM
chase_gw

Linda I don't think a swap package could be more perfect for someone than this one is for you! I love it all and can see how perfectly these lovely things will fit with your home.

I happen to be the lucky recipient of one of those gorgeous cutting boards. It took me a long time to use it but I do now, and I always get comments.

Lovely swap Ann.

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 8:22PM
chancesmom

That package is totally gorgeous! The cutting board is stunning, and if I remember correctly, don't you have a log house Linda. Everything will look so perfect in that setting. Great job Ann

Janet

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 8:27PM
granjan

What a beautiful package, perfect for tea on the porch. Invite a VERY special friend. One problem, Ann forgot to send her scones! Otherwise it's all to die for.

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 8:33PM
teresa_nc7

Yes, where were the blueberry scones, Ann? LOL! I remembered you said you were hesitant to send food items from Canada into the States. I *heart* that red tray! And the cutting board has a twin here in NC and I use mine all the time and really love it! Love the pottery too!

What a wonderful selection of gifts from Ann. Enjoy Linda!

Teresa

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 9:03PM
kent4489

Oh, Linda, everything is just lovely. I'm know you're thrilled with that great package.
Ann, super great shopping.

Jayne

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 9:19PM
dlundin

Nice, nice package! I love that tray! And the cutting board! Ann sure puts together a splendid array of gifts and you are one lucky recipient, Linda. Enjoy it... I know I would!

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 9:31PM
debbie814

I just love when Ann sends those beautiful cutting boards for the swaps. And the local pottery, honey, and tray are super as well. Enjoy!!

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 9:48PM
dedtired

First I read Ann's post about her friend's visit and saw teh amazing food she prepared -- then I come over here to see the amazing box she sent! Every item is so tasteful and special. I particularly like the tray.
Nice. Nice. Nice!

Pam

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 10:37PM
KatieC

An artistic swap for an artistic person. Perfect.

Bookmark   July 27, 2006 at 11:24PM
annie1992

I sure do agree about those wooden cutting boards, they're very unique. I love wood anyway, the smell, the feel, the grain and the pattern of it.

The pottery is very nice too and that honey would be nearly perfect on one of Ann T's scones.

Annie

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 1:51AM
ann_t

I'm still amazed that it arrived in 4 days.

Linda, I'm so glad that you liked everything. I really love your log house and that wonderful porch. And we have so many wonderful artist and craftsman in this area that it was easy to come up with a "local arts" theme.

I have two cupboards painted by the artist that made the tray. The and one . I also have a couple of Robin's trays too.

I hope you enjoy using everything.

Ann

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 2:00AM
compumom

Great package Ann! I especially covet that tray!
Linda, I know you're going to enjoy each and every very special item!

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 2:14AM
ArabellaMiller

That cutting board took my breath away. So beautiful. I'd want to hang it up and not use it!

AM

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 8:44AM
shaun

OH! That cutting board is something to cherish! I've never seen anything like it. Ever!

Enjoy it all! Good job Ann.

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 8:56AM
mustangs81

Truly up to Ann's standards of beautiful items! You just knew it was going to be stunning.

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 9:00AM
doucanoe

I had to laugh last night. I showed Tim all my new things and he loved them as well. I used the cutting board (which is now my favorite of all my boards, by the way...) to cut zucchini for the grill. After dinner, he was admiring the board again and he said "It's got scratches on it!" I told him that I used it to cut up the zucchini and he exclaimed "You're actually going to USE IT? It's too pretty to use!" Now this coming from Mr. Macho himself...a manly man, if you will!
I love those mugs so much I almost had a mug of wine! I refrained and used a wine glass. LOL

Linda

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 10:24AM
bubbeskitchen

Ann, so tasteful, perfect, and the mugs and honey pot are precious!

Linda, I was a lucky recipient of Ann's generousity in a past swap. Besides great choices, she really wraps well! LOL.

Great board, fabulous tray to carry those mugs on.

(Love the cupboards, Ann)

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 11:43AM
shaun

Linda! A mug of wine! hhahahahha! that tickled me!

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 11:56AM
ann_t

Renee, I'm sure that Linda had a lot of fun trying to get the tape and the bubblewrap off of everything. It might not be pretty but it all gets there in one piece. I'm so afraid of something breaking. LOL!

Linda, my board with the handle gets used everyday. At first I started out just using one side to cut on and the other side if I wanted to use it as a cheese board or to serve Moe a sandwich on. That didn't last long and I now cut on both sides. BUT, I don't cut on the big board. I consider it a and I threatened Moe and Matthew with bodily harm if I ever caught them cutting on it. LOL!

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 12:13PM
publickman

I love cutting boards (and tea trays). The furniture company that I used to work for made huge tea trays (19" x 29") that were made to fit on top of an ottoman and transform it into a tea or coffee table. I got an unfinished one from them and painted it myself, but I found that it was really too big to be practical, and so I gave it to Jimmy & Maartje, who have large sliding glass doors. The one you got looks like a much more practical size, and it's also very beautiful. I especially like burl wood also. I have one serving cutting board that is not allowed for any cutting. My SIL destroyed one of my DM's cutting boards using an electric knife to cut skirt steaks for fajitas one year when I was visiting. It was a sad thing to watch.

Really nice handles on the mugs!

Lars

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 12:30PM
brenda55

Beautiful package, Ann. I've never seen such a cutting board -- so unique! Linda, enjoy those beautiful mugs on your beautiful front porch!

Brenda

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 12:53PM
paulines

OMG, I am seriously blown away by those cutting boards - I've never seen anything like that - the graining is amazing.

Totally unique & special things, enjoy everything, Linda.

Beautiful selections, Ann.

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 4:18PM
jessyf

Hey! Ann can count!

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 7:27PM
ann_t

Jessica thanks for pointing that out. I was actually going to mention it in case anyone missed the fact that I was really good this time and stayed within the "5 Limit". I was very proud of myself. LOL!

Ann

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 8:53PM
deanna1949

WOW!! What a beautiful, beautiful package!

It's official. The next swap--I want Ann_T to have my name!

(Does the cutting board maker take mail or online orders??)

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 10:47PM
ann_t

Deanna, I don't know if he takes on-line orders, but I'm sure that he will take over the phone orders. You are the second person to ask me that today. I took some pictures of his things last Saturday at the market. And I will take some more tomorrow so you can see what he has available this week.

Besides the he also makes too. The cutting boards, front centre that are a little darker in colour are made out of apple wood.

Bookmark   July 29, 2006 at 12:11AM
sheshebop

I love the tray! I adore pottery and think that is great too, and who can't use another cutting board (I could use about 3 more) Great package! Nice job Ann. Enjoy Linda.

Bookmark   July 29, 2006 at 8:53AM
goldgirl

Am I the only one that can't wait and scrolls directly to the photo?! As soon as I saw the board I thought it must be Ann. What a great package - everything is to-die for :)

Bookmark   July 29, 2006 at 11:08AM
maggie2094

What beautiful items. I covet that cutting board! I have noticed them in Ann's pictures too.

Bookmark   July 29, 2006 at 1:04PM
riverrat1

I was just about to ask for a link or information on these cutting boards. I think I need a serving board one and a cutting one for DD new house! Beautiful work!

Bookmark   July 29, 2006 at 3:25PM
alison

What a wonderful package! Great items, Ann; the ceramics are gorgeous and the cutting board is really unique! (Can oyu get a commision on CF-related orders?) The honey and the tray seem wonderful, too.

Great job, and great box. Congrats, and enjoy!

Bookmark   July 29, 2006 at 4:33PM
stacy3

ooh, Ann, you always pick out such unique, tasteful items. I love the cutting board as well, and always love pottery - love the colors!

Linda, beautiful description - looking forward to pics of your uses for these great items.

Stacy

Bookmark   July 29, 2006 at 5:41PM
traceys

Ann, You really put a beautiful package together. There is not one thing I wouldn't like to have. I think my birthday is 2 days after yours. Just kidding :)

Linda, Enjoy everything. Remember there is nothing wrong with mugs of wine!

Tracey

Bookmark   July 31, 2006 at 7:57AM
lakeguy35

I LOVE that board!!! Oh man that is so cool! I have had a thing for Ann's board for years now, I think she told Matt and Moe not to use a knife on it or else! LOL! Super package Ann! When did you start counting anyway?! Enjoy it all Linda!

David

Bookmark   August 2, 2006 at 11:46PM
TobyT

Really one of a kind choices, Ann. I am crazy about that cutting board. I could never cut on it though. My sister's in-laws live in Duncan, so I may have her search one out next time she's over there. Enjoy your bounty Linda.
Jane

Bookmark   August 3, 2006 at 12:14AM
ann_t

David, there is a first time for everything. LOL!

Jane I go to the market every Saturday, so if you are interested in one of Lee Wolf's boards, I don't mind picking one up for you and mailing it too you. That offer is open to anyone else that is interested in one of these boards.

Ann

Bookmark   August 3, 2006 at 11:43AM
lowspark

OK, this package is now my inspiration for our next swap. I need to just keep my eye out for these kinds of unique items for gifts and upcoming swaps. What a wonderful package!!

Bookmark   August 3, 2006 at 11:46AM
lori316

Linda, you lucky duck! What a great package. I know you'll enjoy every bit of it.

Ann, what a truly special gift. Everything is perfect, but that serving tray and board - WOW! I've always been in love with your larger board that you use to serve on and have looked for one since I first saw yours.

Bookmark   August 3, 2006 at 1:05PM
momto4kids

Linda, Ann sure put together a wonderful package!! I love, love, love that tray. It is fabulous. The mugs and honey pot are great. I love the color. I'd have been into that honey first thing! I'd use that cutting board for presenting food! Too pretty to cut on! LOL re: Tim's comments!! Great package! Enjoy!

Ann, fabulous job!

Bookmark   August 4, 2006 at 9:53AM
More Discussions
What's Your Favorite Meal? To cook, to eat, to repeat...
Celebrate the continuation of the forum, and tell me...
plllog
Easter Sunday Dessert
My favorite dessert is a good home-made pound cake....
Robert Givens
What's For Dinner #337
Annie, you and Elery are doing a wonderful job on the...
ann_t
Aeropress coffee-science question for coffee weenies
I got an Aeropress today. Just made my first cup of...
l pinkmountain
Curry (I think) flavored coffee cake
My boss's friend shared a coffee cake, or fruit cake...
sally2_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™