New Home - Kitchen Appliance Brands Help

newhousehelp123October 14, 2012

We are building a new home and have looked at Jenn-Air, Kitchenaid, Electrolux, and Viking D3 series. All were recommended for us to look at per the appliance salesman. Are there any other brands we should be considering and what are the plus and minus off each brand? Also, do most people buy from one brand to package in the rebate and get matching handles or do most pick and choose from different brands? I would say we are not looking for top of the line like, but would like to also get a general idea for brand hierarchy and performance features and reliability we should be looking for. Thanks for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PLS373

I was recently looking at all those brands for my new home. I ended up going with a Viking D3 range, fridge and dishwasher. Partially for the rebates, partially for the matching and most of all because I loved the range. Great features and it is gorgeous. Beyond that the Viking D3 has a better warranty than the rest and I negotiated an extension to 5 years from the dealer for $175 for all 3 appliances. Also free delivery and install. The fridge is the same same as the jenn air and kitchenaid. Just different handles. The only iffy thing is the dishwasher. I am sure I could do better by buying a Bosch or Miele but with the 5 year warranty I think I am taking a safe risk on the Viking. Still need a range hood but I dont think I will go with Viking on that.

Bookmark   October 14, 2012 at 11:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bearandmeg

Tell me about the d3 range . I need to make a decision between the d3 dual fuel and an all gas pro model. Are you happy with the performance? Anything you don't like? Thanks.

Bookmark   November 3, 2012 at 9:18PM
More Discussions
Does Wolf M-Series Double Oven come with Temperature Probe?
If yes, great. If not, does anyone know how much the...
wcutiew
AGA Marvel Refrigerator - noisy?????
Hello GWrs....hoping one of you owns one of these things...
lisanoon
New Bluestar elec wall oven vs New Viking french door wall oven
Has anyone had a chance to use either the New BlueStar...
sherry0117
Can Viking refuse a refund on a range?
On a cobalt blue range and microwave actually. Both...
smtebo61
Miele Coffee Machine - CVA 6800 vs CVA 6401
The cva 6800 is m touch controls (swipe screen), CVA6401...
wcutiew
Sponsored Products
Basix Oil Rubbed Bronze Bowl Pendant
$121.00 | Bellacor
Mesa Energy Star Textured Black Medium Outdoor Wall Mount
$147.60 | Bellacor
Solid Bronze Arched Pull
Signature Hardware
Chelsea Home Rocker Recliner in Tahoe Blue
Beyond Stores
Hot Air Balloons Print
$12.99 | zulily