Help - Cleaning ss pans with copper core?

colo_ladyFebruary 18, 2005

Since I have a newly remodeled kitchen, I didn't want to put my old pot/pan set in the new drawers. So I bought a new set from Costco, the heavy Italian stainless steel ones with the copper layer sandwiched on the bottom.

Here's the problem - I put one in the dishwasher and it tarnished the copper. (I have to use Cascade Complete in my new dw). I hate the thought of having to hand wash each and every pot/pan every time I use it. Is there a better way to do this? Advice? HELP?

I'm ready to donate them to Goodwill and get something cheap and easy!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

Live with the tarnished bottom or polish it with Twinkle after you take it out of the DW.
Or donate them and buy something with a copper core.....copper between stainless steel. It won't be as cheap....but you won't have to polish.
Linda C

Bookmark   February 18, 2005 at 11:06AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dereckbc

Piece of cake. Next time you are at the store by you some Bar Keepers Friend, works great.

I not suggest using it all the time, or even using the diswasher, just my 2-cents worth.

For those water stains (white stuff) just use the cheapest vinegar you can get your hands on, no effort, wipe on, rinse off.

Bookmark   February 25, 2005 at 1:41AM
More Discussions
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
Mauviel m'150s and m'250c
I'm looking at some pans in these two lines -- I understand...
Gooster
Need a double boiler for induction cooktop
I need a 3 piece set: the bottom pan (induction ready),...
creativ3girl
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™