newbi advice help me get started
New to this forum (been hanging out at home forum during build)
Just about finished with building new home. my DF and I dont do a ton of cooking yet but want to start. We put in a gourmet kitchen and want to learn to use it. We need a good quality cookware set up. We have a 48" thermadore all gas range.
We want a good quality set of pots and pans. what is the best all around choice that meets the following criteria:
* good mix of sizes and types ie skilet, frypan, big chili pot ect.
* easy to clean
* scratch resistant
* even heat distribution
* good looks (OK were shallow LOL)
* price $500.00 - $600.00 for a startup set
Next is a good quality knife set
* holds an edge well
* I like the textured metal handles but not a deal breaker if it doesnt have this
* reasonably easy to sharpen
* solid feel, I like knifes that feels like its actually got some weight to it
* $400 - $600 for a set, doesnt have to have steak knifes though that would be nice
Ok I know its long post
recomendations for a source to purchase these items (online if possible)that has a good reputation and great prices
Thanks guys, were looking to really get the most out of this kitchen and have very little experiance so we realy apreciate the help!