WP, Cuisinart, or am I Way Off?

oaa9898January 29, 2005

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a new cookware set. I'd like to stay in the 11028992&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=208&hierPath=89*208*">Cuisinart MultiClad for $169.00 at Costco and the Wolfgang Puck Cookware Set at his website (which I can't get to work at this time). The set has 28-pieces for $199 (free shipping). Are either of these good? I'm a little disappointed in the Calphalon. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jsfox

I've got some of the Cuisinart chefs classic that I've been pretty happy with. I much prefer disk bottoms for everything but frypans so I'd tend to stay away from the multiclad. Just my thoughts.

Bookmark   January 30, 2005 at 12:36AM
Barry5k

I don't have a set, but I do have two pieces of Cusinart Muilticlad and am extremely happy with both! Great cookware that conducts the heat evenly! Easy to clean and solid. I think these are every bit as good as All Clad for a fraction of the price.

Bookmark   January 30, 2005 at 2:34AM
nwesterner

I have a Cuisinart 12" brazier that I love. Was looking for more pieces when I purchased my new smoothtop and couldn't find what I wanted. Since I only have one piece, all I can say is that that pan has done everything I have wanted it to do.

Bookmark   January 30, 2005 at 2:34PM
homepro01

I know nothing about the Cuisinart of Wolfgang Puck (although there was a issue about the handles exploding or something like that from a forum member). I have to disagree with the statement above about a single disk versus multiclad being better. I purchased a set of Tefal that is a multi disk. Everything burns. I replaced it with a few pieces of All Clad and no burning at all. I am testing out an Induction burner.

Good luck!

Bookmark   January 30, 2005 at 4:48PM
Holly73

I finally recieved my 10-piece Cuisinart Multi Clad set at my bridal shower, plus open stock additions. I am completely thrilled with the quality, appearance, and most importantly, the heat conductivity performance. I was glad to throw out my old Faberware set and use this high quality cookware, more suited for gourmet cooking. I also feel that the price is reasonable when you compare it to other lines of similar quality, such as the over-priced All Clad.

Bookmark   February 7, 2005 at 4:52PM
Askonaut

> I have a Cuisinart 12" brazier that I love.

Wow, Cuisinart makes lingerie, too?

Bookmark   February 7, 2005 at 8:08PM
ecm56

This sounds like something Madonna would wear . . .

>> I have a Cuisinart 12" brazier that I love.

> Wow, Cuisinart makes lingerie, too?

Bookmark   February 11, 2005 at 6:35PM
More Discussions
Favorite tea kettle for induction?
Waiting patiently for my induction cooktop to be installed....
txjoyce
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
bradleyd_svh
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™