Range Craft skillet sold by Sears

foreveralwaysJanuary 17, 2009

I bought a small heavy duty skillet recently at a yard sale. The bottom of the skillet reads 391-5070 Range Craft Made in Korea Sold by Sears Roebuck & Co. Chicago, Illinois 606read 84. I have been trying to research this cookware but the only reference I find is from another member of this forum who posted a similar thread 2 years ago. Can anyone shed some light on the origin/value of this cookware?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindac

I'm sorry I have no direct information but I am sure it's not a lot of value. It's likely some of that Korean stainless that sears bought a batch of.

Bookmark   March 17, 2009 at 11:06AM
fairynuff

If its the one I have, purchased over 20 years ago at Sears by Range Craft... you have the find of the century! These pots were designed with stay cool handles and heat dispersal like a cast iron skillet! You get it up to heat, then turn it way low to conserve heat. Wonderful set that I simply can't find more of!!
the value back then was comparable to other fine cookware... can't remember though

Bookmark   May 10, 2009 at 2:48PM
raggit101_yahoo_com

I just noticed these trying to locate replacement handles for my set. The model number of the set is: 391.5070 and I to purchased my complete set over 20 years ago. The cookware is "wonderful" but I'm having difficulties getting new handles for them. I'm hoping to maybe find someone that could even make them, as the cookware is still looking new. It was the best $99.00 I'd spent back then for a 9 piece set. Today, from what I've seen in Bed Bath and Beyond stores, about $299.00

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 2:32PM
joankersh59_gmail_com

I bought the set so did my mom 20yrs and something ago. 391-5070. we have all the pieces.Its a beautiful set.All handles are attached. home phone 205 923-3679 or 205 965-6140.

Bookmark   June 20, 2011 at 4:21PM
raine58

I bought my set in 1986 from Sears. The set looks great but the handles and knobs are beginning to show wear. Want them to stay looking new with new handles. So, do you buy handles that are as much as the pots were in 1986.

Bookmark   January 20, 2012 at 10:08AM
More Discussions
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
stainless flatware
does anyone have reed and barton allora flatware? i...
JoPierson
Wagners 1891 Dutch Oven
I have a couple of questions about a 5 qt Wagners 1891...
jpc57
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
Recommendation for pans for high heat cooking
I like "high heat" cooking, not the kind...
azmom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™