Pasta Express?

catsmom6January 19, 2006

I just saw a commercial for the Pasta Express, the kind you just pour boiling water into. Does anybody know anything about them? It's a pretty weird concept.

Thanks,

Cathy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvnaz6111

I've googled that new gadget and it seems that RV'ers and campers and the like have used this method for a long time with a regular thermos. Same concept involved. I think it would be great for camping or RV'ing because you don't need a large pot, only a tea kettle for heating the water. Saves space. I want to buy one! It is so new though that I haven't seen any reviews on it.

Bookmark   January 24, 2006 at 11:51AM
krustytopp

The concept works for rice pasta: boil the water, turn off the heat, and let the pasta sit in the water for several minutes.

I find that many of these as-seen-on-tv cookware gadgets start appearing in malls after a few months, at a reduced price. If I see one for $9.99 or less I'll buy it, and let you know how it works :)

Bookmark   February 18, 2006 at 10:04AM
marie26

I wonder if this product makes the noodles clump together. I have learned my lesson when buying these sorts of gadgets from TV. IMHO, it's much easier to return something to a local store if the product was too good to be true than it is to return it from a site online.

Bookmark   February 20, 2006 at 11:39AM
roadtrip

Spegetti releases starch into the water when cooked and that is what causes the clumping together. You need plenty of water to keep it from sticking.

I just don't see how this product would cook larger pasta like spegetti (IMHO.)

Shannon

Bookmark   February 21, 2006 at 2:38PM
More Discussions
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Food Grinder
My hubs gave me the meat/food grinder attachment for...
mimijacobs
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
Recommendation for pans for high heat cooking
I like "high heat" cooking, not the kind...
azmom
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™