Mold in aluminum cooking pot?
After coming back from a work trip, I found that DH had left one of my aluminum pots covered and with water and a little dish liquid inside. When I took the lid off, I found it had MOLD! growing inside.
This pot has sentimental value because it was my great grandmother's...I tried scrubbing it, and the mold obviously came out, but also left what looks like litte pits in the metal.
Is this safe to use after this and another really good cleaning just to be safe? Or is it ruined??