Electric grills

margadJanuary 15, 2005

We are thinkingof getting an electric grill. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
blazedog

Do you mean the kind of grill that has a top and bottom like George Foreman?

If so, make sure the plates are removeable -- Foreman has a model like that. I have a Hamilton Beach one with removeable plates that is fine. Cuisinart has a one that also doubles as a panini maker -- It's about twice as much as the Foreman or Hamilton Beach.

Bookmark   January 15, 2005 at 8:35PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cupofkindness

I just bought the George Foreman "The Next Grilleration" grill with removeable plates at Walmart for $49.99. I love it. But Bed Bath and Beyond sells a larger version for $99.99 and it includes features like grill temperature and a timer. I have noticed that even after a couple of weeks the non-stick coating on the grill is wearing off in a tiny area. The non-stick surface of the larger grill seemed heavier. This is one great appliance that makes the messy cooking of meats a lot easier. I read on another forum to get a couple of paper towels wet and then to lay them between the grills, close the grill, and then the gunk just soaks off the surface while you eat. Please let us know what you do!

Bookmark   January 16, 2005 at 7:03AM
More Discussions
Wagners 1891 Dutch Oven
I have a couple of questions about a 5 qt Wagners 1891...
jpc57
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
induction stove power boost function
Have a set of Zwilling cookware and their brochure...
metaphilos
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
meeotch
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™