Looking for Cookware Advice

CMD123January 2, 2013

I have been using Revere ware copper clad cookware for 30 years and would like to upgrade to an easier to maintain, stainless steel multilayer brand. I have looked at Cuisanart and all clad. Can anyone provide some advise? Is the allclad worth the extra cost? I don't like non stick materials, but don't like the pots to look grubby or be impossible to clean. I cook on a gas stove.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
may_flowers

I like Caphalon. I think All-Clad is overpriced and I don't like the long handles. I have some Cuisinart but not the multi-ply, and it's cheap imo, but good enough for vegetables. You can find all three at Marshall's. I only see Calphalon there occasionally, but I was lucky to find a 2.5 qt. saucepan for $40 and a 6 qt. stockpot for $50. It's very heavy, the handles have three rivets, and it cooks and cleans up beautifully.

The Cuisinart Green Gourmet is great for a non-stick skillet. It's ceramic coated. Ours is going strong after three years of daily use. We have the 8" omelet and only use it for eggs.

Bookmark   January 3, 2013 at 2:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nunyabiz1

Kirkland (Costco)brand is just as good for far cheaper.

Myself I do not particularly like stainless and I opted for a couple cast iron pans, and a couple of Mineral Steel pans made by Debuyer as far as pans/skillets go.
They work great, totally nonstick and will last 2 lifetimes and get better with age and cost far less. As far as easy to keep clean, they are just as easy to clean as non stick cookware, can usually just wipe it with a paper towel.
They are not "pretty" like shiny stainless or copper but they are meant to be functional.

For pots I opted for enameled cast iron Le Creuset 3 3/4 qt "multipot" which has a 10" skillet as the lid and a 2 1/2 qt of the same and I bought a 8Qt oval enameled cast iron dutch oven from Costco for $79 made in France and looks and works just as good as the Le Creuset that cost $400+. Enameled cast iron is also very easy to maintain and clean, just wait until they cool down a bit and put them in the sink and fill with hot soapy water and let sit while you eat. Everything falls right off and cleans up very easy with a wipe of a blue scrubby sponge. Properly taken care of will also last 2 lifetimes, so the cast iron, enameled cast iron and mineral/carbon steel are all lifetime, buy it once cookware. I just wish I had bought them 30 years ago is all.

Other than that I also cook A LOT on my 2 burner carbon steel Griddle and have a 14" carbon steel WOK.

This post was edited by Nunyabiz1 on Fri, Jan 4, 13 at 12:00

Bookmark   January 4, 2013 at 3:59AM
More Discussions
Best Non-Stick Cookware?
Saw a segment on this morning's news that says not...
jrb451
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
Best cookware for induction?
After LIVING on the kitchen site for the last few months,...
dccnm
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
robantwerp
glass top range / pots leave marks?
I have a new Kenmore Elite glass top range. The cooktop...
bretonb
Sponsored Products
INSPIRE Q Lacey Round Curved Double Top Arches Victorian Iron Metal Bed
Overstock.com
Couristan Berkshire Hoosic Area Rug - 93680530039055T
$24.00 | Hayneedle
Safari Cheetah Giclee Glow Black Bronze Table Lamp
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
Saratoga Stripe Giclee Glow 20" Wide Pendant Light
Lamps Plus
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Bath Rug: Garland Rug Bathmats Traditional Deep
$41.97 | Home Depot
Floral Traditional Hand Knotted Red & Black 6x9 Heriz Serapi Wool Area Rug H7084
BH Sun Inc
Chickadee Glass Carafe
$42.99 | Dot & Bo
Gun Metal Check Metal 14-inch Planter (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™