diffuser to use with 14' sauteuse

gellchomJanuary 8, 2008

I LOVE my 14" Calphalon sauteuse, AKA BHP (Big Honking Pan).

I can't say I really have a problem with the thing being so much bigger than the burner -- I just push stuff around -- but sometimes it would be nice to have a diffuser.

Can you recommend one? The ones at Williams Sonoma are ridiculously expensive.

Is there another method other than a diffuser?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The large burner linked below will take care of about a three foot Big Honking Pan. Fourteen feet is a lot, though. Usually when you get into that range, people just cook over an outdoor wood fire, as linked in the next post...

Here is a link that might be useful: Paella burners

    Bookmark   January 9, 2008 at 2:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Here's a really Big Honking Pan:

Here is a link that might be useful: Really Big Honking Pan

    Bookmark   January 9, 2008 at 2:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Okay, I see my mistake. Please refer to my new string.

Holy cow -- that is the biggest pan I have ever seen.

    Bookmark   January 9, 2008 at 3:59PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Is there lead in this antique brass pitcher?
Hello, I have a fondness for antique metal cookware...
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
I have read threads in here from people who love their...
best (semi-pro) brand pots and pans for induction
hello we are renovating our kitchen and now it will...
induction questions: heat distribution vs. pan size, moisture
I bought a single-burner induction hotplate to try...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™