Flaw in discount Le Creuset?

Frankie_in_zone_7January 12, 2010

I found a Le Creuset round oven at a fairly good price at Tuesday Morning. But, in the interior bottom there are 3 small black spots (very small dots about 1 mm ) on the otherwise cream finish. They are not (currently) "chips", as they are actually very slightly raised, and smooth and shiny like the rest of the interior.

I know this would just be guessing, but..are these more likely to be serious flaws in the finish, in which there are layer(s) of porcelain missing and ready to chip off, vs. just a flaw due to its being a harmless flaw in the finish color? Obviously, I could live with the latter--3 dots--but would not want the finish to start chipping, so would keep looking rather than purchase this piece. It's not in a box, but the lid seems to be the right one with good fit and it's otherwise nice-looking.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marys1000

I'm not sure how we or anyone could know but if they are raised I would think they aren't chips.

Bookmark   January 23, 2010 at 11:51AM
joaninmesa

My experience with Tuesday Morning is that most things they sell are flawed in some way. Some flaws you see. Some you don't

Bookmark   February 2, 2010 at 3:12AM
danab_z9_la

The overall quality and cooking performance of a slightly flawed Le Creuset pan is often much superior to that of other enameled cast iron cookware. I would have purchased it without hesitation if I needed one and the price was right........a minor casting flaw will not affect the pan performance in any way other than its looks.

Dan

Bookmark   March 20, 2010 at 11:51AM
More Discussions
glass top range / pots leave marks?
I have a new Kenmore Elite glass top range. The cooktop...
bretonb
Nu Wave Oven
Has anyone bought this? Is it worth the cost? It is...
marie26
White film/Oxidation on Wusthof Handles
I recently bought a set of Wusthof Classic Ikon knives...
rmverb
Need advice on a soup pot
hi, I haven't bought cookware in years, so don't know...
ellenr22 - NJ - Zone 6b/7a
Kitchen Selective food slicer
Would anyone know of source for parts for Kitchen Selective...
debby_1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™