Looking for 4-slice toaster

marie26January 16, 2006

I am looking for a 4-slice toaster that is not too big and clunky. My other requirements are that the slots are wide enough for bagels, toasts rather quickly and toasts according to the setting I put it on.

I saw a Kitchen-Aid at Costco this weekend but it looked too large for my counter. I prefer toasters to toaster ovens and now have a 2-slice toaster that is very slow and even if I don't change the setting, I can never be sure how the toast will turn out. It also has defrost and reheat settings but I never use those.

Are there any brands that you can recommend?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jerrymb

dont go with a krups, i just tried one saturday , it was really bad and i took it back

Bookmark   January 16, 2006 at 10:23PM
andee_gw

I have a Cuisinart that I like a lot. There are only two slots (wide enough for bagels), but each slot holds two pieces of bread. So the unit is not chunky wide, but rather longer than usual. It toasts to my specifications with no problems.

Bookmark   February 5, 2006 at 1:31PM
Terrapots

I also have a cuisinart with 2 long slots. It's long but I like it because you can toast those large sour dough slices or 2-4 regular slices of bread. Also good for bagels, etc. It doesn't seem too bulky and it stays cool on the outside. Got it pretty cheap at Costco a couple of years ago. I can't say it's super fast but at least you can do 4 slices at once.

Bookmark   February 7, 2006 at 2:04AM
More Discussions
Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Food Grinder
My hubs gave me the meat/food grinder attachment for...
mimijacobs
silicone baking mat aftertaste
i got silicone baking mats on overstock.com a couple...
ardcp
tea kettles
Hi - does anyone know of a whistling tea kettle that...
chilloway
Fermented cabbage
Many people really enjoy as me the taste of fermented...
GeorgeLiv
Recommendation for pans for high heat cooking
I like "high heat" cooking, not the kind...
azmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™