Circulon non-stick -- longest lasting??

livvysmomJanuary 24, 2005

I need a new non-stick 8" skillet. The JCPenney catalog advertises Circulon non-stick and the longest lasting. Has anyone ever used it?

The ridges have sort of turned my off in the past. I just don't see it as a good pan to cook eggs in.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bons

I recently bought a Scanpan non-stick frying pan based on reviews I've read in this forum. I absolutely Love It!

It's the first time I've really successfully cooked eggs and other things with no butter or oil - and no sticking! It practically rinses completely clean under hot water (it is recommended you wash it while it is still warm). I only found it at one store near where I live - but if you do a search online, there are several places that sell it. Some of the scanpans have been on sale recently - but I'm not sure if they still are.

Bookmark   January 24, 2005 at 11:44PM
akastj_northern_ca

I used the Forum Search facility, located at the bottom of the main Forum page, and located all the threads that discuss or refer to Circulon. I've linked the results of that Search below...

TJ

Here is a link that might be useful: THS Search / Circulon

Bookmark   January 25, 2005 at 5:32AM
akastj_northern_ca

I've never used Circulon but I question any advertisement that makes claims like that, whether it's in a catalog or on TV.

Meyer Corporation, that manufactures Circulon, also manufactures Kitchen Aid, Anolon, Farberware and other cookware and utensils.

I purchased a large set of Anolon Titanium non-stick over two years ago and am quite pleased with it. If you follow the manufacturer's directions, you can even wash it in the dishwasher.

I've linked the Meyer Corporation online outlet store below...

TJ

Here is a link that might be useful: PotsAndPans.com

Bookmark   January 25, 2005 at 5:39AM
Judyz7

I have had several circulon pots, pans and a cookie sheet. They were ok in the non stick category. The ridges are awful to clean. They trap food particles in the indentations - ugh!
I have purchased two scan pans recently and it is a total love affair. I couldn't find them in local stores so ordered online.

Bookmark   January 25, 2005 at 8:07AM
compumom

NO NO NO to Circulon! Clean up is just awful! I have two of their pans and then I switched to Analon. It's okay, Calphalon is better,but if money is an issue buy the Analon! Eventually the non-stick surface will wear, even with plastic utensils (all that I use). DD got Calphalon as a wedding gift and I love it.

Bookmark   January 25, 2005 at 3:19PM
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7

I hate Circulon. Ditto to above posts.

Bookmark   January 25, 2005 at 10:08PM
blazedog

I hate Circulon - the ridges are disgusting.

You can find Calphalon nonstick on Amazon fairly cheaply. The Calphalon Commercial Nonstick is guaranteed for life.

Bookmark   January 25, 2005 at 10:22PM
andybrett

I spent loads of money on Anolon/ circulon and other makes of Anodized pans , But on offer i gave Tefal induction pans a go , at half the price of the others in my range , they are simply the best . They go in the dishwasher , can have metal utensals , even cook on a open fire /bbq but still keep oil free cooking like brand new.

Bookmark   January 27, 2005 at 12:53PM
More Discussions
Stainless Cookware cleaning - again... :
Hi all, IÂve read a lot of posts on how to clean stainless...
wazatron
cooks essentials talking microwave
I don't know if I should post this here or on the cooking...
vacuumfreak
New Viking Cookware
Has anyone tried the new Viking Cookware now being...
katespak
Best cookware for induction?
After LIVING on the kitchen site for the last few months,...
dccnm
pie crust in a Breville all in one food processor
Can a pie crust be made in a Breville all in one food...
Sue Molitor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™