36" Integrated fridge/freezer - feedback please

Joy314October 14, 2013

We are looking at 36" integrated fridge/freezers. I am looking for feedback as I am afraid they are too narrow (front to back) and will not hold enough for when we have large parties, etc. Any feedback pro/cons appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
xedos

How often do you have parties ?

Just how many guests do you have ?

Where do you live - suburb of major city or the boonies, 32 miles from a fully stocked grocery store ?

What do you have now? Does it meet your needs ?

Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 9:46PM
Joy314

Parties are a couple times a year for 50-70 people. We live in the northeast, 10-15 minutes away from the grocery store. We are building so we want to look at all our options. If you have any suggestions - even non-integrated - I would love to hear it. Thanks!

Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 9:55PM
AGK2003

i agree with you, the built ins are more shallow and also gave me pause (we are looking at both counter depth and built ins but both have the same issues). you might want to look at counter depths also as they have slightly more cubic feet of space. will you have a second fridge elsewhere? we will probably have one in the garage so that alleviates some of the issues as far as food storage for parties and such.

Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 12:48PM
nycbluedevil

We have been living with SubZero integrated fridges for over 15 years (first a 42" side by side and now the 36" French door). During most of the time, we were a household with three kids and a live-in au pair, so three adults and three kids. And we entertained frequently. Storage was never a problem, except with the side by side, when platters became an issue, but that was a width issue, NOT a depth issue. With the new over-under, the fridge is a no-brainer. It holds a lot of food. The freezer is a bit small but we are getting a chest freezer for the overflow.

Bookmark   October 15, 2013 at 1:50PM
More Discussions
miele dishwasher gold substance explosion
i had a new water heater installed this morning and...
abenyjones
Fisher Paykel Dishwasher Drawers-do you have them?
I am in need of guidance. From what I can gather, it's...
beekeeperswife
HELP PLEASE New Dacor range to replace old DCS (Fisher Paykel) range?
We moved into a house that has a 9 year old DCS by...
princesspronoid
Best customer service for wall ovens?
I posted this comment to an older thread lamenting...
Mrs. Porchman
What electric oven to get? speed oven, combo-steam, or regular?
If I am going to go with an all gas range, which would...
nismo99
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™