Not a computer problem, but an Ipad problem.

pkspigsOctober 23, 2013

I attempted to turn on my I-pad and the screen said: I-pad disabled.What the heck is going on? It was fully charged. I know that it was downloading an update yesterday, but I sure don't know how or why this is happening. Apple has asked me to PAY for them to tell me what is wrong with it. Can anyone help me here? Thanks in advance, Pk

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pkspigs

forgot to tell you that some type of number screen comes on asking for your number code which I do not have a clue what this is, I have never beenasked to provide a number code for this I-pad. pk

Bookmark   October 23, 2013 at 6:05PM
zep516

Hi pkspigs,

All I can find on the issue is

"If your iPad is disabled, someone typed in the wrong passcode enough to disable it. Even an iPad that did not have restrictions on can turn up disabled if someone enables the passcode and then types in a wrong passcode multiple times."

http://ipad.about.com/od/iPad_Troubleshooting/a/How-To-Fix-My-iPad-Is-Disabled.htm

Bookmark   October 23, 2013 at 6:13PM
acraftylady

That's what I saw too. Says you may have to reset in iTunes and then load your back up. Maybe the update messed something up. Don't have an I anything but my friends that do use the apple forums for free help. Found this on the apple site. Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: device disabled

Bookmark   October 23, 2013 at 7:10PM
More Discussions
Internet Explorer keeps shutting down
I have just ignored this problem for the past 3 months...
Lea Grabb
Outlook problem bugging me
From my email program outlook 2013 I keep getting a...
big_al_41
Change color of blinking cursor
When I am editing something I have just written and...
mudlady_gw
Recommendations for free backup software
I used to have Retrospect Express as my backup software...
secsteve
What's with this new Houzz thing?
Been away a couple days, and came back to this, what...
shaddy101
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™