Question about restoring a program

deewOctober 12, 2012

I think I screwed up. This afternoon I downloaded and installed about a dozen updates, in two batches. After the second batch, I got a message on my Desktop that I thought said did I want to open Webshots. I clicked yes. I think now it was asking if I wanted to uninstall it. Don't know how I made such a stupid mistake. It's still listed in my computer but now my Desktop is blank and when I try to open WS, a message says that it has changed or moved.

I had hundreds and hundreds of beautiful widescreen photos, which you have to pay for. Is there a way to restore Webshots without doing a System Restore? I'm afraid with my luck, I'll screw something up even worse.

Dell XPS with Win7.

Dee

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

check the trash bin see if it is there if so just choose to restore it to its former position.

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 5:29PM
mikie_gw

Try system restore.. if it does not get back all.. you can undu last system restore easy.

Umm you probably will need to check windows updates again.. and reinstall those after the system restore. and fresh downloads might disappear.

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 5:29PM
acraftylady

Webshots is changing and will now be smile so little by little every ones stuff is getting transferred over. You can find out about it on the home page if you haven't gotten the email and get signed up. I don't use the webshots desktop app but I assume it will be no more. I signed up for smile but they haven't transferred my stuff over yet. I really liked webshots best and wish they would have left it alone. Mary

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 12:14AM
deew

I ran the System Restore and was thrilled when the Webshots Desktop photo I had before popped up after the Restart. However, when I tried to get online, Firefox kept saying Server Not Found for every site I tried to open. Then I noticed that the Activity light on my modem (I have DSL) wasn't blinking. I unplugged it and waited a few seconds and plugged it back up. After a few minutes, I was able to get online with no problem. Now, all that's left is to reinstall the updates I lost with the restoral.

Mary, I didn't know about the Webshots change. I'll look into that.

Thanks to everyone.

Dee

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 4:06PM
acraftylady

Yes webshots is shutting down and will now be smile it says and they are transitioning everyone's photos over. Mary

Bookmark   October 13, 2012 at 11:59PM
More Discussions
How do I choose a power supply
I have a 300 watt power supply. I want to upgrade...
Pooh Bear
Nasty popup screen
I am constantly getting a 3 by 4 inch video popup screen...
paulsmth2
Best Windows (XP to W8) purchase PC scan/repair software
Yep, I've given up figuring out where the list of active...
jerry_nj
free downloader for youtube videos to use in powerpoint?
I used to be able to download videos for use in my...
jean001a
Super-AntiSpyware - where do I go to get it?
Super-antispyware - that IS the GOOD one, isn't it?...
Janey - formerly jane2
Sponsored Products
Royal-Pedic 4 in. Pillow Top Mattress Topper - TWIN PILLOW TOP PAD 4 IN.
Hayneedle
Americh Madison 7248 Tub (72" x 48" x 22")
Modern Bathroom
Zenna Home Bath Organizers 23.25 in. W Wood Space Saver with Glass Doors in
Home Depot
Jon Gilmore Question of Time Wall Clock - 15-Inches Wide - PCQ1536
$402.50 | Hayneedle
Accents Borders & Trims: Daltile Flooring Rittenhouse Square Matte Arctic
$2.14 | Home Depot
Americh Naxos 7236 Tub (72" x 36" x 22")
Modern Bathroom
Bath Authority DreamLine Visions Frameless Sliding Shower Door, Single Threshold
Modern Bathroom
Column Nickel-Plated Copper Pedestal Sink
Signature Hardware
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™